Bećiraj with Dynamo Moscow in 2016
|Date of birth||5 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Peć, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 March 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 October 2016
He began his career in Peja with the local club KF Shqiponja at 17 years of age before joining their city rivals KF Besa in July 2007. After spending the first half of the 2007–08 season with Besa his good performances in the Kosovar Superliga attracted attention from several clubs in the region, and in January 2008 he moved to the Montenegrin side FK Budućnost Podgorica.
He immediately established himself as a first team regular at Budućnost, scoring 9 goals in 15 appearances in the second half of the 2007–08 season, helping the club win the Montenegrin championship title and finish runners-up in the 2007–08 Montenegrin Cup. In the following two seasons Bećiraj scored 28 league goals in 62 matches for the club, becoming league top scorer in the 2008–09 season with 18 goals scored.
It was announced on 30 August 2010 that Beqiraj signed for Croatian powerhouse Dinamo Zagreb. Beqiraj played very well in his debut season with Dinamo and became regularly called up to the Montenegro national team. He played in 22 league matches and scored 8 goals, most notably a beautiful goal against NK Rijeka and a fine header against Hajduk Split.
Beqiraj struggled to find his goalscoring form at the beginning of the 2011–12 season, finally scoring after eight matches without a goal, netting the fifth goal in a 5–0 win against NK Karlovac. He then scored the last goal in a 4–1 win against Malmö FF in the Champions League Play-off. Beqiraj then continued his goalscoring form in domestic competition, scoring against NK Varaždin, NK Istra, NK Zadar, NK Šibenik and RNK Split.
Bećiraj was the first choice striker throughout the 2011-12 season and became top scorer of the Prva HNL with 15 goals in 28 appearances, becoming the first foreign player to accomplish that feat.
Bećiraj was first called up for the Montenegro U21 by coach Dušan Vlaisavljević in 2009, winning his first cap in a 2011 European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Kazakhstan U21 on 7 June 2009. He went on to earn five caps for the U21 team before receiving his first call-up for the senior team in March 2009, for a 2010 World Cup qualifier against Italy. He had his international debut in the match, coming on as a substitute for Radomir Đalović in the 70th minute. He scored his first goal for Montenegro on 17 November 2010 in a friendly match against Azerbaijan.
- As of match played 11 October 2016. Montenegro score listed first, score column indicates score after each Bećiraj goal.
|1||17 November 2010||Podgorica City Stadium, Podgorica, Montenegro||10||Azerbaijan||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
|2||11 September 2012||Stadio Olimpico, Serravalle, San Marino||18||San Marino||6–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|4||5 September 2015||Podgorica City Stadium, Podgorica, Montenegro||33||Liechtenstein||1–0||2–0||UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying|
|5||9 October 2015||35||Austria||2–1||2–3|
|6||8 October 2016||42||Kazakhstan||4–0||5–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|7||11 October 2016||Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark||43||Denmark||1–0||1–0|
- As of 11 October 2016
- Budućnost Podgorica
- Dinamo Zagreb
- "Fatos Bećiraj". National Football Teams. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Modre redove pojačao i Bećiraj!" (in Croatian). NK Dinamo Zagreb. 30 August 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- 亚泰已敲定签约贝奇拉耶 黑山国脚将成进攻核心 at sports.sohu.com 2014-03-01 Retrieved 2014-03-02
- "Match Report". UEFA. 6 August 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- Бечирай и Хольмен - в «Динамо» (in Russian). FC Dynamo Moscow. 18 February 2016.
- "Ufa-Dynamo game report" (in Russian). Russian Football Premier League. 19 March 2016.
- "About Fatos Bećiraj" (in Montenegrin). Football Association of Montenegro. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Filipović pozvao Bašu i Bećiraja" (in Montenegrin). Football Association of Montenegro. 22 March 2009. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Montenegro – Italy Match Report". FIFA. 28 March 2009. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Pobjeda za kraj uspješne godine" (in Serbian). fscg.co.me. 17 November 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Pandovski, Fatjon (11 January 2010). "Fatos Beqiraj : Benfika do te realizonte endrren time" (in Albanian). Albaniasoccer. Archived from the original on 13 January 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Fatos Bećiraj". European Football. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Fatos Bećiraj". Soccerway. Retrieved 12 October 2016.