Faubion is an unincorporated community in Clackamas County, Oregon, United States. It is located about 2 miles northwest of Rhododendron, in the Mount Hood Corridor on a loop road off U.S. Route 26 near the Zigzag River.
Faubion post office was established in 1925 and was named for a family of local settlers, including William J. Faubion, who was the first postmaster. The office closed in 1937 and mail was then handled by the Zigzag post office. William Faubion built a store, out of which the post office was later run, and the La Casa Monte Inn.
- "Faubion". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 30. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 348. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "St John The Evangelist Roman Catholic Church". Oregon Historic Sites Database. Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- William J. Faubion at Find a Grave
- Images of Faubion from Flickr
- Randall, Gary. "Faubion". Mt. Hood Magazine. Archived from the original on 2012-10-29.
|This Clackamas County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|