Faujdarhat Cadet College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Faujdarhat Cadet College|
The academic block
Deeds Not Words
|Established||28 April 1958
at Faujdarhat in Chittagong
|First principal||William Maurice Brown|
|Area||185 acres (0.75 km2)|
Faujdarhat Cadet College, is a military high school (grade 7 to grade 12), modelled after public schools in the UK (according to the Public Schools Act 1868), financed partially by the Bangladesh Army, located at Faujdarhat, near Chittagong, in Bangladesh.
Faujdarhat Cadet College boards 300 boys between the ages of 12 and 18, 50 in each year for grades 7 to 12. Admission is through a nationwide test composed of written, oral, medical examinations & ISSB.
It was the first cadet college to be established in erstwhile East Pakistan. It was established on 28 April 1958 by New Zealander William Maurice Brown. Until 1965, it was known as the East Pakistan Cadet College.
From 2003, the cadet colleges in Bangla Desh were converted to the English version of the National curriculum.
Chairman OFn. Maj.Zulfiqar H. Choudhury (Retd) 10/372 Vice-Chairman OFn. Dr.Sarwar Ahmed 15/631 Vice-Chairman OFn. Brig. Gen. M. H. Salahuddin (Retd.)16/698 Secretary General OFn. Prof. M. Sazzad 27/1317 Joint Secretary General OFn. Ishtiak Ahmed Taher 30/1502 Treasurer OFn. Nayeem Ahmed 28/1366 Publicity & Office Secretary OFn. Imranul Kabir Chowdhury 43/2160 Member OFn. Mamun Ahmed 11/384 Member OFn. Shahriar Akbar Chowdhury 26/1259 Member OFn. Saiful Islam Chowdhury 29/1430 Member OFn. Mahbud Bin Alam 35/1732 Member OFn. M. Fakhrul Haider 39/1940 Member OFn. A.S.M.Faizullah 40/2003 Member OFn. Md. Imrul Kayes 46/2023
- Mohammad Ataul Karim, Bangladeshi American scientist and Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth with expertise in electro-optical systems, optical computing, and pattern recognition
- Hossain Zillur Rahman, former advisor, Bangladesh Caretaker Government
- Gowher Rizvi, Rhodes Scholar, Bangladeshi historian, scholar and academic, International Affairs adviser to the prime minister of Bangladesh
- M. Anwarul Haq (27 April 2008). Faujdarhat Cadet College: A Legacy of Learning. The Daily Star. Archived 30 September 2012.
- "UMass Dartmouth appoints new provost". Umassd.edu. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "UMass Dartmouth appoints new provost". Providence Business News. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Optics & Laser Technology Editorial Board". Elsevier. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Karim Stepping Down to Accept Provost Position at UMass Dartmouth". Old Dominion University. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013.
- "Biography of Dr. Muhammad A. Karim". Asianamerican.net. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Star Insight". Thedailystar.net. 4 June 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Ahmed, Fakhruddin (28 April 2008). "Faujdarhat Cadet College: Half a century of excellence". The Daily Star. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- Shakoor Majid, Class Seven 1978, Onnyaprakash, Dhaka, February 2008. ISBN 984-8684-72-7.(review)
- Mohammad Ataul Karim, A Steeplechase Story, Katskill, December 2008. EAN 9843000029319