|Born||9 May 1927
|Died||9 December 2010
|Spouse(s)||Jolanda Sarli (divorced)|
Sarli presented his first collection at the Palazzo Pitti in Florence in 1954 at the age of 29. In 1958, he established his own house, in Naples. He opened ateliers in Rome on Via Veneto and Milan. Sarli exported its collections mainly to the United States, Canada, Japan and the Persian Gulf countries. He created dresses for Ornella Vanoni, Carla Fracci, Valentina Cortese, Carla Bruni, Valeria Mazza, Mina, Elizabeth Taylor and Monica Bellucci. He worked with Ferdinando Sarmi.
- "Fausto Sarli, 83, designer known for elegant gowns". The Boston Globe. 11 December 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- [dead link]
- Horwell, Veronica (16 December 2010). "Fausto Sarli obituary". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "RIP Fausto Sarli (1927-2010) - the Fashion Spot". forums.thefashionspot.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Official website
- Fausto Sarli at the Fashion Model Directory
- Made-in-Italy.com Short biography
|This article about a fashion designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Italian artist–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|