|Region||Central Denmark Region|
|• Mayor||Nils Borring (A)|
Favrskov Municipality (Danish: Favrskov Kommune, pronounced [fɑwˀɐˈsɡɒwˀ]) is a municipality in Region Midtjylland in Denmark north of Aarhus and is a part of the Aarhus area. According to Municipal and Regional Key Figures it covers an area of 540.25 km2 (208.59 square miles) and has a population of 47,177 (1 April 2014).
On 1 January 2007 the Favrskov Municipality was created as the result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), consisting of the former municipalities of Hadsten, Hammel, Hinnerup, and Hvorslev, as well as the southern part of the former Langå Municipality.
According to Danmark Statistiks, from 2005 to 2009, this was the third-fastest growing municipality out of 98.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Favrskov Municipality.|
- Favrskov municipality's website (in Danish)
- Information about Favrskov municipality
- Municipal and Regional Key Figures
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|