|Region||Central Denmark Region|
|• Mayor||Nils Borring (A)|
Favrskov Municipality (Danish: Favrskov Kommune, pronounced [ˈfau̯ˀɐˌskɒu̯ˀ kʰoˈmuːnə]) is a municipality in Central Denmark Region in Denmark north of Aarhus and is a part of the Aarhus area. According to municipal and regional key figures the municipality covers an area of 540.25 km2 (208.59 square miles) and had a population of 47,177 as of 1 April 2014.
Favrskov Municipality was created on 1 January 2007 as a result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007). It is a fusion of the former municipalities of Hadsten, Hammel, Hinnerup, and Hvorslev, as well as the southern part of the former Langå Municipality. The northern parts of Faverskov Municipality, consisting roughly of the former municipalities of Hadsten, Langå and Hvorslev, are part of the larger geographical region of Kronjylland (Crown Jutland).
According to Danmarks Statistik, from 2005 to 2009, this was the third-fastest growing municipality out of 98.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Danish Nature Agency: Kronjylland (in Danish)
- "What is Business Region Aarhus". businessregionaarhus.dk. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Tal og statistik" [Figures and Statistics] (in Danish). Byregion Østjylland. Archived from the original on 27 April 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "City of Saarijärvi" (in Norwegian). City of Saarijärvi. Archived from the original on 2013-12-06. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Favrskov Municipality.|
- Favrskov municipality's website (in Danish)
- Information about Favrskov municipality
- Municipal and Regional Key Figures
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|