Fay is an unincorporated community in southeastern Ozark County, in the Ozarks of south-central Missouri, United States. The community is located along Missouri Route J, approximately 2.5 miles south of U.S. Route 160. The Fay Cemetery lies just west of Route J and north of the Lick Creek - Sweeten Creek junction.
A post office called Fay was established in 1892, and remained in operation until 1915. Besides the post office, the community had a school. The schoolhouse was named after the Fay family of settlers.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Fay, Missouri
- Udall. Missouri, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, U.S. Geological Survey, 1986
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Fay School (historical)
- "Ozark County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
|This Ozark County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|