|Native name||Helen Fay Dowker|
|Born||September 1965 (age 50)
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Thesis||Space-time wormholes (1991)|
|Doctoral advisor||Stephen Hawking|
As a student, she was interested in wormholes and quantum cosmology. Having studied at the University of Cambridge, Dowker was awarded the Tyson Medal in 1987 and completed her Doctor of Philosophy under the supervision of Stephen Hawking in 1990.
She is currently a Professor of Theoretical Physics and a member of the Theoretical Physics Group at Imperial College London and an Affiliate of the Institute for Quantum Computing. She conducts research in a number of areas of theoretical physics including quantum gravity and causal set theory.
Dowker was previously a Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London.
- Fay Dowker at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Dowker, Helen Fay (1991). Space-time wormholes (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge.
- Fay Dowker's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Dowker, F.; Gauntlett, J. P.; Kastor, D. A.; Traschen, J. (1994). "Pair creation of dilaton black holes". Physical Review D 49 (6): 2909. arXiv:hep-th/9309075. Bibcode:1994PhRvD..49.2909D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.49.2909.
- Dowker, F.; Gauntlett, J.; Giddings, S.; Horowitz, G. (1994). "Pair creation of extremal black holes and Kaluza-Klein monopoles". Physical Review D 50 (4): 2662. arXiv:hep-th/9312172. Bibcode:1994PhRvD..50.2662D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.50.2662.
- Dowker, F.; Gauntlett, J.; Gibbons, G.; Horowitz, G. (1995). "Decay of magnetic fields in Kaluza-Klein theory". Physical Review D 52 (12): 6929. arXiv:hep-th/9507143. Bibcode:1995PhRvD..52.6929D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.52.6929.
- Fay Dowker at the Internet Movie Database
- Hawking, Stephen List of students of Stephen Hawking
- Dowker, Fay Page at Imperial College London
- Dowker, Fay Personal webpage (last updated 2003)
- Dowker, F. (2013). "Introduction to causal sets and their phenomenology". General Relativity and Gravitation 45 (9): 1651. Bibcode:2013GReGr..45.1651D. doi:10.1007/s10714-013-1569-y.
- Dowker, F.; Glaser, L. (2013). "Causal set d'Alembertians for various dimensions". Classical and Quantum Gravity 30 (19): 195016. arXiv:1305.2588. Bibcode:2013CQGra..30s5016D. doi:10.1088/0264-9381/30/19/195016.
- Afshordi, N.; Buck, M.; Dowker, F.; Rideout, D.; Sorkin, R. D.; Yazdi, Y. K. (2012). "A ground state for the causal diamond in 2 dimensions". Journal of High Energy Physics 2012 (10). arXiv:1207.7101. Bibcode:2012JHEP...10..088A. doi:10.1007/JHEP10(2012)088.
|This article about a physicist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|