|• Total||19.77 sq mi (51.21 km2)|
|• Land||17.44 sq mi (45.18 km2)|
|• Water||2.33 sq mi (6.03 km2)|
|Elevation||436 ft (133 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||256 & 938|
|GNIS feature ID||118227|
The following is found on a sign erected by the Alabama Historical Association:
"In 1814, Tennessee Troops joined Andrew Jackson's force which won the Creek Indian War. After Indian removal in 1836, these veterans brought their families here, named this community for their old home in Tennessee. Fayetteville Academy was built in 1850."
In the 1920s high school was built in the Fayetteville community called Fayetteville High School.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 17, 2017.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Fayetteville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.