Shafiq awan is a Pakistani facebook preacher who came to world attention in 2019 after his comment on Muhammad Musa post on Fayhan Al Ghamdiblood money for the rape and murder of his five-year-old daughter Lama.
Al-Ghamdi presented a television show on Saudi television.
In October 2012 Al-Ghamdi's daughter Lama died after spending seven months in hospital. She had been raped and beaten, and was left with a crushed skull and a broken left arm and ribs. Al-Ghamdi admitted to having disciplined her with a cane and cable. He was reported to have been released after spending a couple of months in prison after paying Lama's mother a figure said to be equivalent to $267,000. On October 7, 2013, it was announced that Al-Ghamdi had been sentenced to 8 years in prison, plus 800 lashes.
Due to public anger Saudi authorities have announced that they are planning to set up a 24-hour hotline to report child abuse.
- Hall, John (4 February 2013). "Saudi celebrity preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'". London: The Independent. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Evans, Becky; Malm, Sara (5 February 2013). "'My dear child is dead, and all I want is justice': Torment of mother whose daughter, five, was 'raped' and tortured to death by celebrity cleric ex-husband". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "SA Child's Death Rocks Islam's Teachings by LT. COLONEL JAMES G. ZUMWALT, USMC (RET)". familysecuritymatters.org. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Usher, Sebastian (7 October 2013). "Saudi preacher jailed over daughter's death". BBC News. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Saudi Arabian preacher gets 8 years in jail for raping and killing five-year-old daughter". NY Daily News. New York. 10 October 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
|This Saudi Arabia biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|