|Founded||October 3, 1994|
Chief Executive & President
|Products||Islamic banking, loans, consumer banking, credit cards, savings|
Number of employees
Faysal Bank Limited (فیصل بینک (پرائیویٹ) لمیٹڈ) is a Pakistani Islamic and commercial bank, a subsidiary of the Bahraini bank Ithmaar Bank, based in Karachi, Pakistan. It is named after Faisal of Saudi Arabia.
Faysal Bank started in Pakistan in 1987 with a tiny branch and as a subsidiary of Faysal Islamic Bank, a Bahraini bank owned by Mohammed bin Faisal Al Saud, the son of the late King Faisal of Saudi Arabia.
It was incorporated in Pakistan on October 3, 1994, as a public limited company under the Companies Ordinance, 1984. ABN AMRO Bank Pakistan, a predecessor to Faysal Bank, acquired Prime Commercial Bank consisting of 69 branches and spanning 24 cities in 2007 for US$227 million to expand its loan and deposit base.
In 2014 it announced that it plans to convert itself into full-fledged Islamic Bank in three to five years.
- "Senior Management - Faysal Bank".
- "A Bank in Pakistan is Splurging on 200 New Branches". Bloomberg. 1 May 2019. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- "About Faysal Bank". Archived from the original on 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- Report, Monitoring (April 16, 2018). "Gulf investors seek exit opportunity from Pakistan's banking industry".
- "Banks` appetite for acquisitions". DAWN.COM. May 3, 2010.
- "RBS sells its operations in Pakistan". BBC. 16 June 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- "Pakistan's Faysal Bank to convert into Islamic bank". Reuters. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2020-07-09.