The Heart of the Valley
Location of Faysville, Texas
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||0.9 sq mi (2.4 km2)|
|• Land||0.9 sq mi (2.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||85 ft (26 m)|
|• Density||490/sq mi (180/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1377161|
Faysville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Hidalgo County, Texas. The population was 439 at the 2010 United States Census. It is part of the McAllen–Edinburg–Mission Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Faysville is located at (26.408564, -98.137947).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.9 square miles (2.3 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 348 people, 95 households, and 81 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 373.2 people per square mile (144.5/km²). There were 108 housing units at an average density of 115.8/sq mi (44.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 63.22% White, 35.63% from other races, and 1.15% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 99.14% of the population.
There were 95 households out of which 49.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.4% were married couples living together, 14.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.7% were non-families. 13.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.66 and the average family size was 4.01.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 33.3% under the age of 18, 12.1% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 14.1% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 27 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $23,646, and the median income for a family was $24,063. Males had a median income of $23,177 versus $17,778 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $8,679. About 20.0% of families and 18.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.9% of those under age 18 and 29.6% of those age 65 or over.
The community is served by the Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District (ECISD). Zoned schools include Guerra Elementary School, Brewster K-8 for middle school, and Edinburg North High School (9-12).
In addition, South Texas Independent School District operates magnet schools that serve the community.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Hidalgo County, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- Faysville CDP map. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- "2013-2014 Elementary School Boundaries Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine" (Partial). Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District. Boundaries approved on April 2, 2013. Detail of Guerra Elementary Zone Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- "2015-2016 Middle School Boundaries Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine" (Partial). Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District. Boundaries approved on March 29, 2011. Detail of Brewster Zone Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- "2015-2016 High Schools Approved Boundaries Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine" (Partial). Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District. Detail of Edinburg North Zone Archived 2017-01-02 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.