د فیض اباد هوائی ډګر
|Location||Fayzabad, Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan|
|Elevation AMSL||3,842 ft / 1,171 m|
Fayzabad Airport (IATA: FBD, ICAO: OAFZ) is an airport located 3.5 miles (5.6 km) northwest of Fayzabad (also spelled Faizabad or Feyzabad), the provincial capital of Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan.
Built during the Soviet occupation, Fayzabad Airport is somewhat unusual[clarification needed] in the world, notable for the runway being constructed of pierced steel planking (PSP or Marsden Matting) along its full width and length. Construction of a new asphalt runway was completed during the summer of 2012. It runs parallel to the metal runway which has been blocked off by large rocks.
Airlines and destinations
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
- "OAFZ - Feyzabad Airport". SkyVector.com. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Faizabad Airport". Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation of Afghanistan. 27 August 2006. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007.
- AIP Afghanistan - Important Information
- on YouTube, June 18, 2013, USAIDAfghanistan.
- on YouTube (USAIDAfghanistan June 18, 2013)
- Airport record for Faizabad Airport at Landings.com.
- Aeronautical chart for OAFZ at SkyVector
- Accident history for FBD at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for OAFZ at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for OAFZ at Great Circle Mapper.