This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A. K. M. Fazle Hussain
|Alma mater||Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology|
|Known for||Application of Nanovector Technology|
Optical measurement techniques
|Institutions||Texas Tech University|
University of Houston
Johns Hopkins University
California Institute of Technology
University of Cambridge
|Doctoral advisor||William C. Reynolds|
A. K. M. Fazle Hussain is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Internal Medicine, and Cell Physiology & Molecular Biophysics at Texas Tech University, where he also holds the titles of President's Endowed Distinguished Chair in Engineering and Science and Senior Adviser to the President. He is a member of the advisory board at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology. In 2001, Hussain was inducted into the National Academy of Engineering for "For fundamental experiments and concepts concerning important structures in turbulence, vortex dynamics, and acoustics, and for new turbulence measurement techniques."
Hussain received a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. Following his MS and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University in 1966 & 1969 under the guidance of William Craig Reynolds, Hussain was a post-doctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University with Leslie S. G. Kovasznay and Stanley Corrsin.
Honors and awards
- Freeman Scholar Award of ASME in 1984
- Fluids Engineering Award of ASME in 2000
- Fluid Dynamics Award of AIAA in 2002
Nonlinear Dynamics of Structures, World Scientific, 1991
- "Mechanics of Pulsatile Flows of Relevance to Cardiovascular System," in Cardiovascular Flow Dynamics and Measurements, (Eds. N.H.C. Hwang and N. Norman), University Park Press, Baltimore, pp. 541–632, 1976.
- "New Aspects of Vortex Dynamics Relevant to Coherent Structures in Turbulent Flows," in Eddy Structure Identification (Ed. J.P. Bonnet) Springer, pp. 61–143. 1996.
- "Genesis and Dynamics of Coherent Structures in Near-wall Turbulence: A New Look," in Self-Sustaining Mechanisms of Wall Turbulence (Ed. R. L. Panton) Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, pp. 385, (1997).
- "Fazle Hussain, Ph.D. | Faculty | Mechanical Engineering | TTU". www.depts.ttu.edu. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "Dr. Fazle Hussain". NAE Website. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "Freeman Scholar Award".
- "welcome to Scholarsbangladesh.com". scholarsbangladesh.com.
- "Fluids Engineering Award".
- "404 Page Not Found: The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics". aiaa.org. Archived from the original on 2005-04-24.