||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2016)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Fcitx in use with the font WenQuanYi Zen Hei Mono
18.104.22.168 / December 22, 2015
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD|
|Website||http://fcitx-im.org/, https://code.google.com/p/fcitx/, https://github.com/fcitx/fcitx|
Fcitx ([ˈfaɪtɪks], Chinese: 小企鹅输入法) is an input method framework with extension support for the X Window System that supports multiple input method engines including Pinyin transcription, table-based input methods (e.g. Wubi method), fcitx-chewing for Traditional Chinese, fcitx-keyboard for layout-based ones, fcitx-mozc for Japanese, fcitx-hangul for Korean.
Before version 3.6, Fcitx used GBK encoding internally, which has been changed to UTF-8 in the 4.0 release. Since version 4.1, it has become highly modular, and has added support for Google Pinyin (which was ported from the Android version), fbterm, and KDE.
- Theme support
- Systray support
- Kimpanel support (A D-Bus based protocol for input method user interface, oriented from KDE)
- KDE Configuration Module Support
- Global Simplified and Traditional Chinese Conversion support
Available input method engines
- fcitx-anthy: A Japanese IME using the anthy engine
- fcitx-googlepinyin: A Chinese IME using Google Pinyin which is ported from Android.
- fcitx-handwriting: A handwriting IME using Zinnia as its backend.
- fcitx-hangul: A Korean IME
- fcitx-keyboard: An IME based on keyboard layouts
- fcitx-kkc: Kana Kanji converter, a Japanese IME
- fcitx-mozc: A Japanese IME using the mozc engine
- fcitx-pinyin: A Chinese IME
- fcitx-rime: support for the Rime input method engine
- fcitx-qw - Flexible Input Method Framework - QuWei engine
- fcitx-sunpinyin: A Chinese IME using Sunpinyin as its backend.
- fcitx-table: for many table-based Chinese IMEs, e.g. Wubi and Zhengma
- fcitx-unikey - A Vietnamese IME using the Unikey engine.
Available separate modules
- punc: provides full-width punctuation support for CJK users.
- chttrans: provides simplified Chinese conversion to traditional Chinese.
- fullwidth: provides full-width character support.
- cloudpinyin: provides an extra candidate word from web for all Hanyu Pinyin input methods.
- fcitx-configtool: A GTK+ application for configuring fcitx.
- Fcitx Homepage
- Fcitx Users Mailing List
- Fcitx Developers Mailing List
- Fcitx @ Google Code
- Fcitx @ GitHub
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|