This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fcitx in use with the font WenQuanYi Zen Hei Mono
18.104.22.168 / December 22, 2017
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD|
Fcitx ([ˈfaɪtɪks], Chinese: 小企鹅输入法) is an input method framework with extension support for the X Window System that supports multiple input method engines including Pinyin transcription, table-based input methods (e.g. Wubi method), fcitx-chewing for Traditional Chinese, fcitx-keyboard for layout-based ones, fcitx-mozc for Japanese, fcitx-hangul for Korean.
Before version 3.6, Fcitx used GBK encoding internally, which has been changed to UTF-8 in the 4.0 release. Since version 4.1, it has become highly modular, and has added support for Google Pinyin (which was ported from the Android version), fbterm, and KDE.
- Theme support
- Systray support
- Kimpanel support (A D-Bus based protocol for input method user interface, oriented from KDE)
- KDE Configuration Module Support
- Global Simplified and Traditional Chinese Conversion support
Available input method engines
- fcitx-anthy: A Japanese IME using the anthy engine
- fcitx-googlepinyin: A Chinese IME using Google Pinyin which is ported from Android.
- fcitx-handwriting: A handwriting IME using Zinnia as its backend.
- fcitx-hangul: A Korean IME
- fcitx-keyboard: An IME based on keyboard layouts
- fcitx-kkc: Kana Kanji converter, a Japanese IME
- fcitx-mozc: A Japanese IME using the mozc engine
- fcitx-m17n: An engine allowing to use the large number of m17n input methods
- fcitx-pinyin: A Chinese IME
- fcitx-rime: support for the Rime input method engine
- fcitx-qw - Flexible Input Method Framework - QuWei engine
- fcitx-sunpinyin: A Chinese IME using Sunpinyin as its backend.
- fcitx-table: for many table-based Chinese IMEs, e.g. Wubi and Zhengma
- fcitx-unikey - A Vietnamese IME using the Unikey engine.
Available separate modules
- punc: provides full-width punctuation support for CJK users.
- chttrans: provides simplified Chinese conversion to traditional Chinese.
- fullwidth: provides full-width character support.
- cloudpinyin: provides an extra candidate word from web for all Hanyu Pinyin input methods.
- fcitx-configtool: A GTK+ application for configuring fcitx.
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|