|Initial release||18 January 2007|
2.0 / 12 February 2019
|Type||fetchmail and procmail|
fdm (fetch/filter and deliver mail) is a mail delivery agent and email filtering software for Unix-like operating systems, similar to fetchmail and procmail. It has been started in 2006 by a developer who later also started tmux in 2007.
When in 2014 the last maintainer of procmail posted a message to an OpenBSD mailing list himself suggesting to remove the procmail port, it has been suggested by a well-known OpenBSD ports maintainer that fdm is the natural alternative (the procmail port, however, has not been removed and remains in place as of 2020).
fdm is listed on the OpenBSD Innovations page, in the section of projects maintained by OpenBSD developers outside of OpenBSD.
- "fdm-1.9p0 – fetch, filter and deliver mail". OpenBSD ports. 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- "OpenBSD Innovations". OpenBSD. 2018-08-14. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
fdm: Written and maintained by Nicholas Marriott. Started in 2006, port available since January 18, 2007.
- Gunther, Philip (2014-11-18). "please remove the procmail port". ports@ (Mailing list). OpenBSD. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- Breuil, Landry (2014-11-18). "Re: please remove the procmail port". ports@ (Mailing list). OpenBSD. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
fdm, what else ?
- "procmail-3.22p8 – filtering local mail delivery agent". OpenBSD ports. 2017-12-06. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|