Fear Before (album)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Fear Before|
|Released||October 28, 2008|
|Recorded||Johnny Cab Studios, London Bridge Studio June/July 2008 in Seattle, WA|
|Genre||Experimental rock, post-hardcore|
|Fear Before chronology|
Fear Before is the fourth and final full-length album by the experimental rock band, Fear Before. The album was released on October 28, 2008, by Equal Vision Records and was produced by Casey Bates and recorded at Johnny Cab Studios and London Bridge studio in Seattle. This is the first album on which they do not use their former name "Fear Before the March of Flames".
On September 22, 2008, the band released the song "Fear Before Doesn't Listen To People Who Don't Like Them" in mp3 format exclusively to those on their mailing list. The song is now on their MySpace.
From October 20, 2008, to October 21, 2008, the full album was available for streaming on the band's Last.fm page.
|2.||"I'm Fine Today"||4:20|
|3.||"Fear Before Doesn't Listen to People Who Don't Like Them"||3:39|
|4.||"Get Your Life Together"||3:32|
|6.||"Everything's Not Shitty"||4:15|
|10.||"Review Our Lives (Epic)"||3:24|
- Adam R. Fisher – guitars, keyboards, vocals, programming
- Clayton "Goose" Holyoak – drums
- Michael L. Madruga – bass guitar
- David M. Marion – vocals
- Zachary M. Hutchings – guitars
- Robert Smith of Heavy Heavy Low Low – on track 4
- Zach Carothers of Portugal. The Man – on track 6
- Dreu Damian of I Am The Ocean – on tracks 7 and 10
- Thomas Erak of The Fall of Troy – on track 10
- Quentin Smith of Vaux – on track 10
- Produced and engineered by Casey Bates
- Mastered by Will Quinnell
- Art by David Bell
The song "Jabberwocky" is named after the Jabberwocky nonsense poem written by Lewis Carroll. This is the first album where former drummer Brandon Proff does not provide artwork and also the first album not to have some form of skyscrapers on the cover. Instead, David Bell who directed the music video for "Taking Cassandra to the End of the World Party" provides artwork. Also, this is the first album where the majority of the lyrics are written by the lead vocalist, David Marion. On previous albums, the lead guitarist and back up vocalist Adam Rupert Fisher wrote the majority of the lyrics.
- "Fear Before Self-Titled Album In Stores October 28th : Equal Vision Records". Equalvision.com. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- "Fear Before - Fear Before - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.net. October 28, 2008. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- Lee, Cosmo (October 28, 2008). "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved June 30, 2012.
- "Alternative Press | Reviews". Altpress.com. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Last.fm page". Last.fm. June 26, 2012. Retrieved June 30, 2012.