|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia|
Fear Zero is a band from Vancouver which plays mainly rock and country music. Ed Sadler is the band's lead vocalist, lead guitarist and songwriter. Most of the recorded music is also performed by Sadler. Additional musicians are included for live performances and occasionally in recording sessions.
Fear Zero's first album was the independently-released, Fear Zero in early 2004. The album received Canada-wide airplay. The single "Sunday Morning" was a top 40 hit and "Satellite" reached the top 50. The band toured British Columbia and Alberta, and set out on a cross-Canada tour in late 2004.
In mid-2005, Fear Zero released an EP titled Concentrated. A single from that album, "Porno Nation", was placed in the top ten of the annual CFOX Seeds competition in Vancouver. Later, the single "Day Of Our Last Night" was in the top 50 chart at AOR radio in Canada.
After signing a recording deal with several investors, in mid-2007, In Lights, Fear Zero's third album was released by Fontana North/Universal. A video for the first single, "Breathe Again", received airplay on Muchmusic and Muchloud from May to July 2007. The band played a 35-show cross-Canada tour, traveling from Vancouver to Halifax and back.
Another CD was released in 2010 called Whole Damn Nation.
- "They're Fear Zero - the best band you've not heard of", Lethbridge Herald (via Newspaper Archives), March 22, 2007 - page 17
- "Fear Zero Fear Zero", Alternative Addiction.
- "Fearless band lights it up", Kamloops This Week, March 14, 2007
- Lucas Aykroyd, "Fear Zero - In Lights", Georgia Straight, January 30, 2008
- "Fear Zero fears nothing and sets out to seize the day", Vue Weekly, March 28, 2007
- "Not Afraid To Revive The Guitar Solo, Channel Reggae & Country, Or Use Indie Label Tactics To Push The Big, Pop Rock Sound Of Fear Zero", Top40Charts, 6 January 2009
- "Fear Zero at Generator". Prince George Free Press, 12 August 2010