|Parent company||Concord Bicycle Music|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||Culver City, California|
Fearless Records is a record label that was founded in 1994. Fearless is based in Culver City, California, and are best known for their early pop punk moments captured in the Fearless Flush Sampler and Punk Bites releases, as well as additional releases by bands such as Bigwig and Dynamite Boy, and later Sugarcult, Plain White T's, The Aquabats, Amely and post-hardcore releases by At the Drive-In and Anatomy of a Ghost. However, the label has experimented with different styles in recent years. Acts like Blessthefall, The Word Alive, Ice Nine Kills, Mayday Parade, Pierce The Veil, and The Color Morale have showcased post-hardcore, metalcore and alternative rock bands that have emerged in recent years. Fearless Records' releases are currently distributed nationwide by RED Distribution, but after Concord Music Group take-over, they'll be distributed by Universal Music Group.
Bob Becker started Fearless Records when he was selling his friends tacos at their shows. He would also go to record stores and put their records on consignment. The record label name came from Bob not knowing what he was doing at the time and "not being afraid to jump in head first." Fearless Records was officially formed in 1994.
In 2000, Fearless Records released Punk Goes Metal, the first compilation album from the Punk Goes... series. Since then the Punk Goes... series has expanded. It has included seven Punk Goes Pop releases, two Punk Goes Acoustic releases, Punk Goes 80's and 90's, Punk Goes Crunk, Punk Goes Classic Rock, and Punk Goes X which features cover songs that were featured at the 2011 Winter X Games. Punk Goes Pop 5 was released on November 6, 2012. On January 1, 2014, Fearless Records released a video on their page on YouTube announcing bands that will be releasing albums in 2014 and also announced Fearless Records' compilation of Punk Goes 90's 2.
In 2005, Fearless Records released the studio album All That We Needed by Plain White T's, a thirteen-song collection that proved to be a breakthrough for both the label and the Illinois-based band. "Hey There Delilah," a single from that album, reached No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100, became a success for the label and was certified as a multi-platinum single.
On November 8, 2010, Fearless announced the release of a Christmas-themed compilation album, titled 'Tis the Season to Be Fearless. It would feature eight of their signed artists recording original songs. The album was available for pre-ordering on iTunes the same day, and was released on November 22, 2010. three years later, Fearless Records released Punk Goes Christmas featuring original & cover tracks from All Time Low, ISSUES, New Found Glory, and more.
In 2011, Fearless Records released Breathe Carolina's album Hell Is What You Make It. "Blackout," a single from the album, became another success for the label. It debuted at No. 32 on Billboard Hot 100 and was certified as a gold single.
In October 2012, Fearless Records announced that they had launched a sister label called "Old Friends Records," which would sign more indie rock artists including Hellogoodbye. In November 2013, Fearless Records announced a second imprint label called "Outerloop Records," along with their first signing Ice Nine Kills.
The label with a back catalog of about 150 albums was acquired by Concord Bicycle Music in May 2015 for an estimated $10,000,000.
- As It Is
- The Aquabats
- August Burns Red
- Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
- Eat Your Heart Out
- Get Scared
- I Prevail
- Ice Nine Kills
- I Don't Know How But They Found Me
- My Enemies & I
- Oceans Ate Alaska
- Pierce the Veil
- Plain White T's
- The Plot in You
- Real Friends
- Sworn In
- Set It Off (band)
- Wage War
- The Word Alive
Old Friends Records artist
- 30 Foot Fall (on It's Opposite Day And I Love You Records)
- Alesana (on Revival Recordings)
- The Almighty Trigger Happy
- Anatomy of a Ghost
- Artist vs. Poet (Unsigned)
- A Skylit Drive (Hiatus)
- A Static Lullaby
- At the Drive-In (on Rise)
- Bazookas Go Bang!
- Bigwig (Unsigned)
- Blessthefall (on Rise)
- Breathe Carolina (on Spinnin)
- Classic Case
- The Color Morale (Hiatus)
- Dead Lazlo's Place
- The Downtown Fiction (Unsigned)
- Drunk In Public
- Dynamite Boy
- Every Avenue (Hiatus)
- Eve 6
- Eye Alaska
- Family Values
- Fed Up
- Follow My Lead (Unsigned)
- For All Those Sleeping (Disbanded)
- Forever the Sickest Kids (Hiatus)
- The Fully Down
- Gatsbys American Dream
- Glasseater (Disbanded)
- Glue Gun
- Gob (on New Damage)
- Go Radio
- Jason Lancaster
- Junction 18
- The Killing Moon
- The Kinison
- Let's Get It
- Logan Square
- Lonely Kings
- Lostprophets (Disbanded)
- The Maine (on Universal Music)
- Mayday Parade (on Rise Records)
- Milestones (disbanded)
- The Morning Light
- Motionless In White (on Roadrunner)
- Near Miss
- The Outline (Unsigned)
- Portugal. The Man (on Atlantic)
- Red Fish
- Rock Kills Kid
- So They Say
- Sparks the Rescue (Unsigned)
- Straight Faced
- Sugarcult (Hiatus)
- Superman Please Don't
- The Starting Line
- The Summer Set (Hiatus)
- Tonight Alive (on Hopeless)
- Upon This Dawning (Hiatus)
- The White Noise (Last show Dec 15 2018)
- Whitekaps (also known as White Caps)
- Yesterdays Rising (Disbanded)
- "Distribution - Concord Music Group". concordmusicgroup.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Punknews.org. "About Fearless Records". punknews.org. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-27. Retrieved 2016-07-02.
- "Concord Continues Acquisition Binge with Fearless Records, Wind-Up Deals (Exclusive)". billboard.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Brandon Herbel (March 29, 2005). "Fearless Records (Bob Becker) - 03.28.05 - Interview - AbsolutePunk.net". AbsolutePunk. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- "The Maine, Breathe Carolina, six more on Fearless holiday compilation - News - Alternative Press". altpress.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Fearless Records - Releases". fearlessrecords.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Fearless Records partners with Outerloop Management forming Outerloop Records - News - Alternative Press". altpress.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Fearless Records signs Oceans Ate Alaska". lambgoat.com. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Plain White T's resign with Fearless Records, release new track "Land Of The Living" - Alternative Press". altpress.com. 27 April 2017.
- "Fearless Records on Twitter". Twitter.
- "Underoath return with urgent comeback single, "On My Teeth" - Alternative Press". altpress.com. 22 February 2018.
- "Underoath announces new album and signing with Fearless Records - Soundlink Magazine". soundlinkmagazine.com. 22 February 2018.