Feather or Feather step is a dance figure in the International Style Foxtrot. Depending on a syllabus, it consists of three or four steps (man stepping basically forward), with the third step (right foot) done outside the lady (lady on the right side) with a slight turn in the body position to the right.
The pattern and especially its distinctive part (steps 2 and 3) gave rise to several variations: 
- "Curved Feather",
- "Overturned Feather",
- "Back Feather",
- "Hover Feather".
- Endings of more complex variations:
- "Feather Finish" (the first step is taken back),
- "Feather Ending" (the first step is taken in promenade position)
- "The Ballroom Technique", 10th Ed., Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance, London
- "How ballroom dancing can change your life"