Featherdale Wildlife Park
|Location||Doonside, New South Wales, Australia|
Located on seven acres of what was once a poultry farm, Featherdale Wildlife Park opened in 1972 and has won the best Major Tourist Attraction award in 2005 and 2009. It was threatened with closure in 1975 by rezoning and development for public housing, but the decision was reversed by then-premier Sir Robert Askin. Many celebrities have visited Featherdale, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Gwen Stefani, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Robert De Niro, Matt Damon, Dave Grohl and Smokey Robinson.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Featherdale Wildlife Park.|
- Frommer's Australia 2011 (2012). "Sydney Attractions: Featherdale Wildlife Park". New York Times website. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "About Featherdale Wildlife Park". Featherdale Wildlife Park website. self. 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- O'Maley, Christine (23 November 2009). "Featherdale beats Opera House to claim major tourism award". Blacktown Advocate. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Sharp, Annette (31 August 2011). "Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio have an animal attraction at Featherdale Wildlife Park". The Daily Telegraph. News Ltd. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- McCabe, Kathy (1 August 2007). "Gwen opens up in Sydney". The Daily Telegraph. News Ltd. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
|This article about a building or structure in New South Wales is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|