The featherweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- UFC's and Pancrase's featherweight division with an upper limit of 145 lb (66 kg)
- Shooto's featherweight division, which limits competitors to 132 lb (60 kg)
- SRC's (defunct) featherweight division, which formerly limited competitors to 143 lb (65 kg), revised to 145 lb (66 kg)
- Dream's (defunct) featherweight division, which formerly limited competitors to 139 lb (63 kg), revised to 143.3 lb (65 kg)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, most American mixed martial arts media outlets consider Featherweight competitors to be between 136 to 145 lb (61 and 66 kg). This encompasses the Pancrase Featherweight division 141 lb (64 kg) now revised to 145 lb (66 kg); US-based King of the Cage (KOTC), where it is known as the bantamweight division 145 lb (66 kg); Shooto, where it is known as the lightweight division 143 lb (65 kg); the Strikeforce (defunct) women's "middleweight" division 145 lb (66 kg); the Sengoku (SRC) Featherweight division which formerly limited competitors to 143 lb (65 kg); revised to 145 lb (66 kg); the Dream Featherweight division which formerly limited competitors to 139 lb (63 kg), revised to 143.3 lb (65 kg); and the Ultimate Fighting Championship's (UFC) Featherweight division which uses the Nevada definition of "featherweight".
This table is not always up to date. Last updated on July 11, 2015.
|UFC||Sept. 30, 2010||Jose Aldo||25–1 (14KO 2SUB)||7|
|UFC (interim)||July 11, 2015||Conor McGregor||18–2 (16KO 1SUB)||0|
|Bellator MMA||September 5, 2014||Patricio Freire||24–2 (10KO 8SUB)||2|
|WSOF||December 13, 2014||Lance Palmer||10–1 (0KO 6SUB)||1|
|ONE Championship||August 29, 2014||Jadamba Narantungalag||10–3 (1KO 4SUB)||0|
|Invicta FC||July 13, 2013||Cristiane Justino||14–1 (12KO)||2|
- List of current MMA Featherweight Champions
- List of current MMA Women's Featherweight Champions
- List of UFC Featherweight Champions
- List of WEC Featherweight Champions (defunct)
- List of Pancrase Featherweight Champions
- Loiseleur, Tony (2011-04-20). "'Dream: Fight For Japan' Bantamweight Tournament Bracket Set". Sherdog. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 – Unarmed Combat". leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Retrieved 2012-07-15.