Fede Álvarez (filmmaker)
Alvarez in 2013
February 9, 1978
In 2009, Álvarez released his short film Ataque de Pánico! on YouTube. Before premiering online, the film screened on October 31, 2009 at the Buenos Aires Rojo Sangre film festival. A few weeks later, Álvarez made a deal with Ghost House Pictures to direct a $30–$40 million sci-fi film. His first project with Ghost House ended up being the direction and co-writing of the Evil Dead remake. After the release of Evil Dead, Álvarez stated that he had "had the temptation to do big franchises", but instead directed and co-wrote the relatively low budget horror film Don't Breathe (2016), which received positive reviews. Álvarez later revealed that during this period he was approached by Marvel Studios to direct an unspecified movie but he declined feeling he would have little creative control over it. Álvarez will direct a live action version of the video game Dante's Inferno for Universal Pictures. On May 3, 2016 his name was attached to direct an adaptation of Monsterpocalypse for Warner Bros. In October 2016, Álvarez was brought on to direct an adaptation of Incognito for Sony Pictures, based on a script by Daniel Casey.
Álvarez helmed the reboot of the English-language The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, with the film being based on The Girl in the Spider's Web. The film featured an entirely new cast compared to the 2011 film, and was released on November 9, 2018.
He will direct a live action film adaptation of Dante's Inferno video game based on Inferno, the first canticle of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. In November 2018, he announced that the script for Don't Breathe sequel was completed.
- Los Pocillos (2001)
- El Último Alevare (2003)
- El Cojonudo (2005)
- Ataque de Pánico! (2009)
- Buenos Aires Rojo Sangre 2009 Retrieved 2010-02-04.
- Billington, Alex. "Panic Attack Director Federico Alvarez Lands a Film at Ghost House". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Miska, Brad. "BREAKING: Director for 'The Evil Dead' Reboot!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- "Interview: Director Fede Alvarez on Don't Breathe". Comingsoon.net. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- H., Shaw Williams. "Did Fede Alvarez Turn Down Marvel's Doctor Strange?". Screenrant. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- ‘Evil Dead’s Fede Alvarez Going To Hell-m Universal’s ‘Dante’s Inferno’
- Kit, Borys (May 3, 2016). "Warner Bros. Nabbing 'Monsterpocalypse' Movie Rights in Bidding War (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- Cabin, Chris (September 11, 2016). "'Don't Breathe' Director & '10 Cloverfield Lane' Writer Pairing for Sony's 'Incognito' Adaptation". Collider. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Knoll, Justin (April 13, 2017). "'Don't Breathe' Helmer Fede Alvarez to Direct 'Labyrinth' Spin-Off for TriStar". Variety. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- "The Girl In The Spider's Web (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- Fleming, Michael (November 2, 2008). "Universal hot for 'Inferno'". Variety.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (September 17, 2013). "'Evil Dead's [sic] Fede Alvarez Going To Hell-m Universal's 'Dante's Inferno'". Deadline Hollywood.
|This article about a Uruguayan film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|