Alvarez in 2013
February 9, 1978
In 2009, Alvarez released his short film Ataque de Pánico! on YouTube. A few weeks later, Alvarez made a deal with Ghost House Pictures to direct a $30–$40 million sci-fi film. His first project with Ghost House ended up being the direction and co-writing of the Evil Dead remake. After the release of Evil Dead, Alvarez stated that he had "had the temptation to do big franchises", but instead directed the relatively low budget horror film Don't Breathe (2016), which received positive reviews. Alvarez later revealed that during this period he was approached by Marvel Studios to direct an unspecified movie but he declined feeling he would have little creative control over it. Alvarez will direct a live action version of the video game Dante's Inferno for Universal Pictures. On May 3, 2016 his name was attached to direct an adaptation of Monsterpocalypse for Warner Bros. In October 2016, Alvarez was brought on to direct an adaptation of Incognito for Sony Pictures, based on a script by Daniel Casey.
It has been confirmed that Álvarez will helm the reboot of the English-language The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, with the film being based on The Girl in the Spider's Web. The film will feature an entirely new cast compared to the 2011 film, and is scheduled for release on October 5, 2018.
- Los Pocillos (2001)
- El Último Alevare (2003)
- El Cojonudo (2005)
- Ataque de Pánico! (2009)
- Billington, Alex. "Panic Attack Director Federico Alvarez Lands a Film at Ghost House". FirstShowing.net. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Miska, Brad. "BREAKING: Director for ‘The Evil Dead’ Reboot!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- "Interview: Director Fede Alvarez on Don’t Breathe". Comingsoon.net.
- H., Shaw Williams. "Did Fede Alvarez Turn Down Marvel’s Doctor Strange?". Screenrant. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- ‘Evil Dead’s Fede Alvarez Going To Hell-m Universal’s ‘Dante’s Inferno’
- Kit, Borys (May 3, 2016). "Warner Bros. Nabbing 'Monsterpocalypse' Movie Rights in Bidding War (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- Cabin, Chris (September 11, 2016). "'Don’t Breathe’ Director & ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Writer Pairing for Sony’s ‘Incognito’ Adaptation". Collider. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Hipes, Patrick (March 13, 2017). "‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’ With New Cast Gets 2018 Release Date". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- Fleming, Michael (November 2, 2008). "Universal hot for 'Inferno'". Variety.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (September 17, 2013). "'Evil Dead's [sic] Fede Alvarez Going To Hell-m Universal's 'Dante's Inferno'". Deadline.com.
|This article about a Uruguayan film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|