Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||320 (2011 census)|
|Location||36 km (22 mi) W of Noosa Heads|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Noosa|
|Federal Division(s)||Wide Bay|
Federal is a locality in the Sunshine Coast hinterland region of Queensland, Australia. It is located near the towns of Cooran and Pomona. It is within the local government area of Shire of Noosa (between 2008 and 2013 it was within Sunshine Coast Region). At the 2011 Australian Census the town recorded a population of 320.
Skyring Creek, a tributary of the Mary River forms part of the northwest boundary of the locality. Federal is traversed by the Bruce Highway. The highway has seen two recent upgrades - one to the north and one to the south of Federal - costing more than $500 million each.
Education is provided by Federal State School, a primary school that is located on Middle Creek Road. Established in 1910, the school educates around 100 pupils.
The Shire of Noosa operates a mobile library on a weekly schedule at the Federal school during the school terms. Social life centres on the Federal Hall.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Federal (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Federal - locality in the Shire of Noosa (entry 49647)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Bruce Highway Upgrade (Cooroy to Curra): Section A (Cooroy to Federal)". Department of Transport and Main Roads. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Bruce Highway (Cooroy to Curra) Upgrade: Section B (Federal to Traveston)". Department of Transport and Main Roads. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Noosa Mobile Library - Mobile Stops - Noosa Mobile Hours". Shire of Noosa. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|