Federal & Foundation Assistance Monitor
|Headquarters||8204 Fenton Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
FAM reports on public and private sources of funding for community programs, including education, youth services and health care. It also covers activities of Congress and federal agencies.
CD Publications began publishing housing-related newsletters in 1961, starting with Housing Affairs Letter. The company branched out into senior affairs with Aging News Alert in 1984, and into grant-seeking with Federal Assistance Monitor in 1986.
In January 2001, the company acquired Federal Research Report from Silver Spring-based Business Publishers, Inc., and folded it into Federal Assistance Monitor.
In mid-2006, the newsletter's title was changed to Federal & Foundation Assistance Monitor, reportedly to indicate that coverage had been expanded to include private funding. The pub's masthead was clumsily altered with a carrot (^) pointing to the phrase "& Foundation" being squeezed into the title. This was replaced with a new masthead in late December '06.
FAM posts federal funding announcements, private grants, legislative actions toward community programs, policy news and proposal-writing tips. It also covers fundraising workshops sponsored by the Foundation Center, the Support Center and other agencies.
In 2007, FAM was changed to a web-based format and, along with CD Publications' other funding news services, was moved onto the web portal GrantsandFunding.net.
- Children & Youth Funding Report
- Community Health Funding Report
- Native American Report
- Private Grants Alert
- Substance Abuse & Disability Services Report
- "Federal Research Report." (2001-01-31). COPYRIGHT 2001 JK Publishing, Inc. Found online at "Highbeam.com (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-76470653.html)".
- "Nonprofits: Helpful Periodicals to Funding." (2001-02-02). Copyright 2001 Donald A. Griesmann. Found online at "TechSoup (http://www.techsoup.org/fb/index.cfm?fuseaction=forums.showSingleTopic&id=46473&forum=2022&cid=117&viewby=thread)".
- Federal & Foundation Assistance Monitor [No. 07-11]. (2007-06-07). Copyright 2007 CD Publications, Inc. Found online at "Community Action Partnership (http://www.communityactionpartnership.com/events/Symposium/FAM.pdf)."
- "A Grantseeker's Resource Guide To Obtaining Federal, Corporate and Foundation Grants: Publications: Federal Funding Resources." (1999-06-17). Found online at "Texas Education Agency (http://www.tea.state.tx.us/opge/grantdev/seekers/document4.html)."