This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hubs||OR Tambo International Airport, Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Harare International Airport, Lusaka International Airport|
|Focus cities||Johannesburg, Nelspruit,|
|Alliance||Solenta Aviation, Tanganyika Flying Company|
|Company slogan||Exploring New Horizons|
|Parent company||Federal Air (Pty) Limited|
|Headquarters||OR Tambo International Airport|
Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
Federal Air (incorporating Pelican Air Services) is an airline headquartered in Hangar 14 on the grounds of OR Tambo International Airport in Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa, near Johannesburg.
It operates air shuttle, scheduled and charter services throughout Africa for business and the tourist industry. Its main base is OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, with hubs at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Nelspruit and Vilanculos Airport.
The airline was originally known as Comair Charters (Natal). and became branded as Federal Air in 1993, fondly known as "Fedair". Federal Air innovated Air shuttle services in Southern Africa, linking the beautiful, remote bush lodges with Johannesburg's international hub. Federal Air later purchased Pelican Air Services, expanding into the scheduled services business, with a route between Johannesburg, Nelspruit and Vilanculos in Mozambique, home of the beautiful Bazaruto Archipeligos. Federal Air is the market leader in Southern Africa in Air shuttle services and operates daily flights to all the top game lodges and reserves in the region; Kruger National Park, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Timbavati Private Game Reserve, Madikwe Private Game Reserve and Phinda Private Game in South Africa; as well as Pamushana in Zimbabwe.
- Johannesburg - OR Tambo International Airport Hub
- Hoedspruit - Eastgate Airport
- Nelspruit - Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport Hub
- Phinda - Phinda Private Game Reserve Hub
- Pietermaritzburg - Oribi Airport
- Sabi Sabi - Ulusaba Airstrip Hub
- Madikwe Game Reserve
- Durban - Virginia Airport
The Federal Air fleet includes the following aircraft IN October 2011:
|Beechcraft Baron 58||2|
|Raytheon Beech King Air B200||2|
|Cessna Grand Caravan||6|
- "Contact details Archived September 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.." Federal Air. Retrieved on 30 September 2009. "Physical Address Hangar 14 O.R. Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg International Airport) South Africa "
- "Background[permanent dead link]." Ekurhuleni. 3 (3/8). Retrieved on 30 September 2009.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 81.
- Fedair. "Route Map". Fedair. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
|This article related to an airline based in South Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|