Federal Board of Revenue (Pakistan)
|وفاقی آمدنی هيئت|
Federal Board of Revenue seal
|Formed||July 1, 2007|
Constitution Ave, G-5,
Islamabad, Capital Territory, Pakistan. 44000
The Federal Board of Revenue (Urdu: وفاقی آمدنی هيئت, abbreviated as FBR) is a federal agency that administers tax laws for the Government of Pakistan and acts as the central revenue collection agency of Pakistan.
The Federal Board of Revenue is the successor of the Central Board of Revenue created on 1 April 1924 through enactment of the "Central Board of Revenue Act, 1924". In 1944, the CBR was put under the Revenue Division with the Ministry of Finance until 1960, when on the recommendations of the "Administrative Reorganization Committee", the CBR was made into a division of the Ministry of Finance. In 1974, further changes were made to streamline the organization and its functions. In 1991, the CBR was once again reverted back to its original status under the Revenue Division, however in January 1995, the Revenue Division was abolished and the CBR was once again reverted to a division of the Ministry of Finance. In 2007, the "FBR Act" was passed in July 2007, whereby the Central Board of Revenue was renamed to the present-day Federal Board of Revenue and for a third time placed again under the Revenue Division of the Ministry of Finance.
is a semi-autonomous federal agency of Pakistan that is responsible for enforcing fiscal laws and collecting revenue for the government of Pakistan. FBR has the responsibility for (i) formulation and administration of fiscal policies, (ii) levy and collection of federal duties, taxes and other levies, and (iii) quasi-judicial function of deciding Customs & taxation cases and appeals. FBR is perhaps the largest federal department in Pakistan. FBR primarily operates through its main collection arms comprising Customs collectorates, Regional Tax Offices (RTOs) and Large Taxpayer Units (LTUs) across the country. FBR has two major wings: the Inland Revenue & Customs. The Inland Revenue Service (formerly known as Income Tax Department) administers domestic taxation including Sales Tax, Income Tax and Federal Excise Duties. The Pakistan Customs Service administers import duties and other taxes collected at import stage, as well regulates international trade with regard to prohibitions & restrictions imposed by the government. For the purpose of collection of revenue and pursuing tax evaders, FBR's powers & functions also include but are not limited to: carrying out inquiries and audits/investigations into the tax affairs, commanding arrests, attachment as well as public auction of movable and immovable assets of a non-compliant. In December 2016, FBR further appointed around 198 inspectors for broadening of tax base and intelligence functions.
- Inland Revenue
- Taxpayers Audit
- Information Technology
- Directorate General of Transit Trade - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Intelligence & Investigation - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Internal Audit - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Input Output Coefficient Organization - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Reform & Automation - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate of Post Clearance Audit - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Valuation - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Training & Research - Pakistan Customs
- Directorate General of Intelligence & Investigation - Inland Revenue
- Directorate general of Training and Research - Inland Revenue
- Directorate of Withholding Tax - Inland Revenue
- Directorate General of Internal Audit - Inland Revenue
- Welcome to Federal Board of Revenue! Revenue Division Pakistan
- "FBR WINGS". http://www.fbr.gov.pk/ShowArticle.aspx?view=Article&ActionID=61&ArticleID=. External link in
- "Members". www.fbr.gov.pk.
- "IRS Training". http://dgtrdt.gov.pk/html/Publications.html. External link in