Federal Public Service Commission
ماموریتِ وفاقی برائے استخدامِ عموم
|Formed||1926 (first established in British India)|
1964 (later established in Pakistan)
|Jurisdiction||Government of Pakistan|
|Parent agency||Civil Service of Pakistan|
The Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) (Urdu: ماموریتِ وفاقی برائے استخدامِ عموم) is a federal agency of Government of Pakistan that is responsible for recruiting civil servants and bureaucrats for Government of Pakistan.
The Public Service Commission was set up for the first time in British colonial rule in 1926. After independence, the commission was established in Pakistan in 1947 under the provision of Government of Pakistan Act.
At present, the commission is functioning under article 242 of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It has been provided autonomy under the Rules of Business, 1973 and FPSC Regulations, 1978 in its working. The commission has also been given administrative as well as, to some extent,
Composition Of The Commission
CHAIRMAN: Zahid Saeed
The commission consists of a chairman and the members. The chairman is appointed by the President of Pakistan, in his discretion, under Article 242 (IA) of the Constitution of Pakistan (1973). The members are appointed by the president on the advice of the Prime Minister of Pakistan. The commission is assisted by the secretary, who provides a link among the commission, its secretariat and the government agencies.
- Secretary :Mrs. Humaira Ahmed
- Director General : Mr. Amin-ur-Rehman
- Director General (research): Ms Sabina Qureshi
- Director General (administration): Mr. Salman Qayum Khan
- Director General (recruitment): Mr. Ramiz Ahmed
- Psychological Assessment Wing
- Information Technology Wing
- Curriculum And Research Wing
- Secrecy Wing
- Recruitment Wing
- Examination Wing
About CSS Examination (Central Superior Services of Pakistan)
- Governance in South Asia: State of the Civil Services on GoogleBooks website Retrieved 30 June 2018
- "FPSC (Federal Public Service Commission) recommends appointment of 20 candidates (BS-17) to federal government departments". Pakistan Today (newspaper). 8 January 2018. Retrieved 30 June 2018.
- FPSC (Federal Public Service Commission) asked to explain criteria for army officers to join civil service Dawn (newspaper), Updated 9 May 2018, Retrieved 30 June 2018
- Muhammad Saleh Zaafir (19 November 2017). "FPSC (Federal Public Service Commission) clarifies report about CSS exam". The News International (newspaper). Retrieved 30 June 2018.