Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta New Orleans Branch
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta New Orleans Branch Office is one of the five Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta branch offices. The New Orleans branch is part of the 6th District. This branch also has a dedicated hurricane Katrina staff.
The New Orleans Branch is home to the Museum of Trade, Finance, and the Fed. which was established in 2013 and is open to self-guided tours (admission free). Previously guided tours were available by appointment. The tour is very brief and the limited to three small exhibits on the first floor. It is somewhat interesting and definitely educational and takes less than 30 minutes. The cool thing that you get to do is to make your own currency with your picture on it and have it emailed to you.
Current Board of Directors
The following people are on the board of directors as of 2013:
Appointed by the Federal Reserve Bank
|Elizabeth A. Ardoin||Senior Executive Vice President – Director of Communications
|Carl J. Chaney||President and CEO
Hancock Whitney National Bank
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Victor H. Meena, Jr.||President and Chief Executive Officer
C Spire Wireless
Appointed by the Board of Governors
|Terrie P. Sterling||Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|T. Lee Robinson, Jr.
|Kevin P. Reilly||President and Chairman of the Board
Lamar Advertising Company
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Federal Reserve Act
- Federal Reserve System
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Federal Reserve Districts
- Federal Reserve Branches
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Birmingham Branch Office
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Jacksonville Branch Office
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Miami Branch Office
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Nashville Branch Office
- "New Orleans Branch". Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- "Hurricane Recovery Information for New Orleans Branch Staff". Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "The Fed is opening a museum of finance at its New Orleans branch". NOLA.com. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- "Museum of Trade, Finance, and the Fed". Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- "New Orleans Tour Request". Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Archived from the original on October 4, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "Directors of Federal Reserve Banks and Branches". The Federal Reserve. Dec 8, 2013.
|This United States bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|