Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Houston Branch
The Reserve Bank of Dallas Houston Branch is one of three branches of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. The branch is located on Allen Parkway in the Fourth Ward of Houston, Texas. The 297,000-square-foot (27,600 m2) building, which includes the second largest currency vault in the country, was designed by architect Michael Graves.
Current Board of Directors
The following people are on the board of directors as of 2013:
Appointed by the Federal Reserve Bank
|Gerald B. Smith||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Smith, Graham & Company Investment Advisors, L.P.
|Kirk S. Hachigian||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Cooper Industries, Ltd.
|Paul B. Murphy Jr.||President and Chief Executive Officer
Appointed by the Board of Governors
|Greg L. Armstrong||President and Chief Executive Officer
Plains All American Pipeline L.P.
|Paul W. Hobby
|Chairman and Managing Partner
Genesis Park, LP
|Ellen Ochoa||Deputy Director
NASA Johnson Space Center
The building's architect Michael Graves said the inspiration for the structure was the Southwestern landscape. Musician and Talking Heads leader David Byrne, commented that "This very out of place structure somehow lingers, like a fart left by someone no longer in an elevator."  The brick exterior, which consists of 537,000 closure brick, 31,400 blue structural glazed tile, and 90,000 modular accent brick has been called a masonry masterpiece by the Mason Contractors Association of America.
- Federal Reserve Act
- Federal Reserve System
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Federal Reserve Districts
- Federal Reserve Branches
- Structure of the Federal Reserve System
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas El Paso Branch
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas San Antonio Branch
- "Houston Branch - About the Fed - FRB Dallas". Archived from the original on 14 December 2010. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Boundary.png Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine." Fourth Ward Redevelopment Authority. Retrieved on July 2, 2011.
- Steve. "Show Us The Money: 10 Cold, Hard Central Bank Buildings". weburbanist.com. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF DALLAS - HOUSTON BRANCH". masconcontractors.org. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "Directors of Federal Reserve Banks and Branches". The Federal Reserve. Dec 8, 2013.
- Hardy, Michael (15 March 2015). "Remembering Michael Graves, the Architect Houston Loved to Hate". weburbanist.com. Retrieved 13 February 2016.