Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Bello Bala Shehu|
Federal University, Birnin Kebbi is a university based in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, Nigeria. The Federal University Birnin-Kebbi (FUBK) was established on 18 February 2013 alongside those of Gusau and Gashua by the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the leadership of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, in line with the policy of the Government for establishing a Federal University in states that did not have one across the federation.
Professor Lawal Suleiman Bilbis, FNSMB, a Professor of Biochemistry and former Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic at Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto was appointed as the pioneer Vice Chancellor of the University while Ibrahim Abubakar Mungadi, FCAI, was appointed as the Registrar.
Academic activities began in November 2014, for the 2014/2015 academic session with a students’ population of 507 and academic staff strength of 102. Accordingly, maiden and second matriculation took place on 5 March 2015, and 9 February 2016, with a total of 507 and 972 Undergraduate sworn-in, respectively.
The University currently has three faculties and a College of Health Sciences and offer a total of twenty-four (24) degree programmes. The University has six (6) directorates which include, Academic Planning, Physical Planning, Research and Innovation, ICT Directorate, Entrepreneurship and CSBE Directorate. The University just recently toward the ends of the year 2017 had the substantive leadership, where the federal government approved the appointment of Prof. Bello Bala Shehu as the new university vice-chancellor; Prof. B.B Shehu is a Medical Practitioner of neural science, he was also the former Chief Medical Director of the National Hospital, Abuja.
The university is maintaining two sites, the takeoff site and the permanent site, the takeoff site maintains the School for Basic and Remedial Studies and Females Hostels at Kalgo; whereas, the permanent site maintains the major campus capacity buildings at Unguwar Jeji (a village 4 kilometers away from the takeoff site.) 
The University currently operates four faculties.
|Arts||Management Science||Social Science|
|Sciences||Environmental Science||College of Health Science|
- "FEC approves three new federal universities for Yobe, Kebbi, Zamfara".
- "Federal University Birnin Kebbi on The Conversation". theconversation.com. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Professor Lawal Bilbis emerges Usman Danfodiyi university vice chancellor". today.ng.
- Hotels.ng. "Federal University, Birnin Kebbi". Hotels.ng. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- "Federal University in Kebbi gets NUC accreditation for 20 programmes".
- "Federal University, Birnin Kebbi". fubk.edu.ng. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Federal University, Birnin Kebbi | Ranking & Review". www.4icu.org. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- "Federal University Birnin Kebbi fubk| School Fees, Courses & Admission info". universitycompass.com. Retrieved 16 October 2020.