It was founded in 2003, after that Lega Sud Ausonia of Gianfranco Vestuto, which had been its sister-party in the South for many years, broke the alliance with Lega Nord and turned to its original anti-Northern feelings.
The party is led by Giacomo Chiappori, former MP of Lega Nord and leader of Lega Nord Liguria with Southern ascent. The party has two regional deputies in Tuscany, where also Lega Nord Toscana is active: Virgilio Luvisotti and Jacopo Maria Ferri.
- Federal Secretary: Giacomo Chiappori
- Federal President: Marcello Ricci
- Federal Coordinator of Regional Sections: Enrico Pau
- Federal Administrative Secretary: Fausto Sidoli
- Federal Organizational Secretary: Enzo Maiorana