Federated States of Micronesia national football team
|Nickname(s)||The Four Stars|
|Association||Federated States of Micronesia|
|Head coach||Stan Foster|
|Home stadium||Yap Sports Complex|
|Current||231 (20 November 2018)|
|Highest||214 (June 2003)|
| Guam 3–0 FS Micronesia |
(Guam; June 1999)
| FS Micronesia 7–0 Northern Mariana Islands |
(Palikir, FSM; 12 July 1999)
| New Caledonia 18–0 FS Micronesia |
(Suva, Fiji; 30 June 2003)
The Federated States of Micronesia national football team is the national team of the Federated States of Micronesia and is controlled by the Federated States of Micronesia Football Association. The team is not a member of FIFA, or a regional confederation, and therefore cannot compete in the World Cup.
The team has only played a handful of matches, the last in 2003. In 2015 the Under-23 team suffered a series of heavy defeats at the Pacific Games, though the presence of a side at the tournament was intended to be the first step towards having a more permanent national team with FIFA recognition.
As of 3 January 2004:
|7 Jul 2003||Fiji||Papua New Guinea||0–10||2003 South Pacific Games|
|5 Jul 2003||Fiji||Tonga||0–7||2003 South Pacific Games|
|1 Jul 2003||Fiji||New Caledonia||0–18||2003 South Pacific Games|
|30 Jun 2003||Fiji||Tahiti||0–17||2003 South Pacific Games|
|12 Jul 1999||Micronesia||Northern Mariana Islands||7–0||Micronesia Cup|
South Pacific Games record
- Minahan, James (23 December 2009). The Complete Guide to National Symbols and Emblems. ABC-CLIO. p. 109. ISBN 0313344973. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Elo rankings change compared to one year ago. "World Football Elo Ratings". eloratings.net. 20 November 2018. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Federated States of Micronesia matches, ratings and points exchanged". Eloratings.net. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Micronesia suffer another humiliating defeat after 46–0 loss to Vanuatu | Football". The Guardian. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Micronesia – International matches". Rsssf.com. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- South Pacific Games 2003 (Fiji) at RSSSF
- "Micronesian Cup 1999". Rsssf.com. 13 September 2001. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
|This football article about a national team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in the Federated States of Micronesia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|