|Full name||Federico Nicolás Cartabia|
|Date of birth||20 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Rosario, Argentina|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Córdoba (on loan from Valencia)|
|2014–||→ Córdoba (loan)||30||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 May 2015.
Born in Rosario, Santa Fe, Cartabia moved to Spain and Valencia CF at the age of 13, going on to represent several of its youth sides. He made his senior debuts in the 2012–13 season, with the reserves in the third division.
Cartabia started playing with the first team in the 2013 pre-season, after impressing manager Miroslav Đukić. He renewed his contract in late July, with the new link running until June 2017 and having a buyout clause of €20 million.
Cartabia made his debut in La Liga on 17 August 2013, starting and playing 65 minutes in a 1–0 home win against Málaga CF. He scored his first goal(s) for the Che on 24 October, netting a brace in a 5–1 success over FC St. Gallen for the campaign's UEFA Europa League.
On 11 July 2014, Cartabia was loaned out to newly promoted Córdoba CF in a season-long deal with a buyout clause. He made his debut for the Andalusians on 25 August, coming on as a substitute for Daniel Pinillos in a 0–2 loss at Real Madrid; his first goal in the top division arrived five days later, as he scored his team's in a 1–1 home draw against Celta de Vigo.
- As of 10 May 2015
- Argentina quiere llevarse a Fede (Argentina wants to take Fede); Super Deporte, 23 August 2012 (Spanish)
- Fede Cartabia renueva hasta 2017 (Fede Cartabia renews until 2017); Vavel, 31 July 2013 (Spanish)
- Valencia edge victory; ESPN FC, 17 August 2013
- Rampant Valencia make light work of St Gallen; UEFA.com, 24 October 2013
- Fede Cartabia, nuevo jugador del Córdoba CF (Fede Cartabia, new player of Córdoba CF); Córdoba's official website, 12 July 2014 (Spanish)
- Slow start from Real Madrid; ESPN FC, 25 August 2014
- Cordoba 1–1 Celta Vigo; ESPN FC, 30 August 2014
- Federico Cartabia at ESPN FC