This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs to be updated.October 2017)(
Federico Luppi in 2014
|Died||October 20, 2017 (aged 81)|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Spouse(s)||Susana Hornos (2003-2017; his death)|
Federico Luppi (Spanish pronunciation: [feðeˈɾiko lupi]; February 23, 1936 – October 20, 2017) was an Argentine-Spanish film, TV, radio and theatre actor. He won numerous awards throughout his acting career, including a Concha de Plata at the San Sebastian International Film Festival.
Luppi worked mostly in Argentine cinema, but also worked in Chile, Mexico, Spain, and the United States. He acted in almost 100 films and 50 television series from the time of his debut in 1964. In 2004, he directed his first film, Pasos (Steps), made in Spain.
Amongst other awards he received a Konex Merit Diploma for his acting in three editions of the Entertainment Konex awards (1981, 1991 and 2001). He was also nominated in 1996 for the Goya Awards as "Best Actor in a Leading Role" for Nobody Will Speak of Us When We're Dead.
- Pajarito Gómez (1965)
- Todo sol es amargo (1966)
- El romance del Aniceto y la Francisca (1967), directed by Leonardo Favio
- El ABC del amor (1967)
- El Derecho a la felicidad (1968)
- Las ruteras (1968)
- El Proyecto (1968) (inedit)
- Después del último tren (1969)
- Los herederos (1970)
- Mosaico (1970)
- Pasión dominguera (1970)
- Paula contra la mitad más uno (1971)
- Crónica de una señora (1971)
- La revolución (1973)
- Las venganzas de Beto Sánchez (1973)
- La Patagonia rebelde (1974), directed by Hector Olivera
- Yo maté a Facundo (1975)
- Una mujer (1975)
- Triángulo de cuatro (1975)
- Juan que reía (1976)
- Tiempo de revancha (1981), directed by Adolfo Aristarain
- Últimos días de la víctima (1982)
- Plata dulce (1982)
- El arreglo (1983)
- No habrá más penas ni olvido (1983), directed by Hector Olivera
- Pasajeros de una pesadilla (1984)
- Cocaine Wars (1985), directed by Hector Olivera
- Luna caliente (1985)
- La vieja música (1985), directed by Mario Camus
- Expreso a la emboscada (1986)
- Malayunta (1986)
- Los líos de Susana (1986)
- Sobredosis (1986)
- El año del conejo (1987)
- The Stranger (1987), directed by Adolfo Aristarain
- Isla se alquila por hora (1989)
- La amiga (1989)
- Cien veces no debo (1990)
- Las tumbas (1991)
- Un lugar en el mundo (1992), directed by Adolfo Aristarain
- Cronos (1993), directed by Guillermo del Toro
- Matar al abuelito (1993)
- Sin opción (1995)
- Extasis (1995)
- Nadie hablará de nosotras cuando hayamos muerto (1995)
- La ley de la frontera (1995)
- Caballos salvajes (1995), directed by Marcelo Piñeyro
- Sol de otoño (1996), directed by Eduardo Mignogna
- Bajo bandera (1997), directed by Juan José Jusid
- Men with Guns (1997)
- Martín (Hache) (1997), directed by Adolfo Aristarain
- Frontera Sur (1998)
- Lisboa (1999), directed by Antonio Hernández
- Las huellas borradas (1999), directed by Enrique Gabriel Lipschutz
- Divertimento (2000)
- Rosarigasinos (2001)
- El espinazo del diablo (2001), directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- Los pasos perdidos (2001)
- La balsa de piedra (2002)
- El último tren (2002), directed by Diego Arsuaga.
- Lugares comunes (2002), directed by Adolfo Aristarain.
- Incautos (2003), directed by Miguel Bardem.
- Machuca (2004), directed by Andrés Wood.
- El buen destino (2005), directed by Leonor Benedetto.
- El viento (2005), directed by Eduardo Mignogna.
- Cara de queso (2006), directed by Ariel Winograd.
- El laberinto del fauno (2006), directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- La luna en botella (2007), directed by Grojo.
- El último justo (2007), directed by Manuel Carballo.
- La habitación de Fermat (2007), directed by Luis Piedrahita and Rodrigo Sopeña.
- Que parezca un accidente (2008), directed by Gerardo Herrero.
- Ese beso (2008), directed by Kamala López.
- Verano amargo (2009), directed by Juan Carlos Desanzo.
- Cuestión de principios (2009), directed by Rodrigo Grande.
- Sin retorno (2010), directed by Miguel Cohan.
- Fase 7 (2010), directed by Nicolás Goldbart.
- Cuatro de copas (2011), directed by Pablo Yotich.
- Inevitable (2014)
- Magallanes (2016)
- Al final del túnel (2016)
- Nieve negra (2017), directed by Martín Hodara.
- Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival: Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003.
- Havana Film Festival: Honorary Award, 2002.
- Mar del Plata Film Festival: Best Actor, for: Rosarigasinos, 2001.
- Huelva Latin American Film Festival: Prize of the City of Huelva, 2000.
- Fantasporto: International Fantasy Film Award, Best Actor, for: Cronos, 1993.
- Argentine Film Critics Association Awards: Won six awards for best actor, a record unbroken up to this day.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Federico Luppi.|