Feeding Frenzy 2
|Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown|
|Designer(s)||Ed Allard and Ben Lyon|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 (XBLA), PlayStation 3 (PSN), Android Steam|
|Release||PC (February 6, 2006)|
XBLA (September 17, 2008)
PSN (March 11, 2010)
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer (XBLA, PSN)|
Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown is an arcade-style video game by American developer Sprout Games involving the marine food chain. It is the sequel to the 2004 game, Feeding Frenzy. The game was developed and published by PopCap Games on February 6, 2006.
As in Feeding Frenzy, players have to control several fast growing marine predators who are out to uncover a mystery which is lurking in the ocean. The aim of the game is to avoid predators and obstacles while eating other smaller fish and creatures, eventually reaching the top of the food chain. Feeding Frenzy 2 includes 60 new levels which feature sceneries such as new underwater worlds, coral reefs, deep sea caves, and sunken ships, as well as above water challenges. The story mode has the player start (and end) as a small butterflyfish named Boris. The player has to eat and chomp his or her way to the top of the food chain. Along the way, the player encounters new prey and predators, both friendly and unfriendly, and must stop an alien anglerfish "The Intruder" from destroying the ocean.
- Boris - The first and last playable fish who lives in Sandy Shoal. He is a butterflyfish. His only ability is quick dashing, but sucking is available for the last three levels. He is also the fish that has the final standoff with the Intruder and ultimately eats it, restoring the ocean's harmony.
- Layla - The second and tenth playable fish who lives in Paradise Reef and ended up on Goliath’s Homeplace. She is a queen triggerfish. The player first gets the sucking ability with her.
- Edie - The third and ninth playable fish who lives in Hunter's Cavern. She is an anglerfish and the only returning playable fish from the first game. She is the only fish who does not confront the Intruder, which bears a resemblance to her.
- Peter - The fourth and eighth playable fish who lives in Buccaneer Bay and ended up on Harry’s Homeplace. He is a pompano with cuttlefish taken over.
- Harry - The fifth and seventh playable fish who lives in Wrasse Reef and ended up on Edie’s Homeplace. He is a humphead wrasse with pelicans taken over after the first level.
- Goliath - The sixth playable fish who lives in Sharktooth Ridge. He is a great white shark. As the largest fish, he does not encounter any larger predator he cannot eat after growing big enough. He is the first fish to encounter the Intruder and the only one not played twice.
- The Intruder - The game's main antagonist. It is a strange green-colored alien anglerfish who threatens the fish populace. All fish apart from Edie encounter it at some point in the game. It is playable in "The Intruder" save file after clearing the main playthrough though it merely replaces the six fishes as the controllable fish.
- Humphead Wrasse
- Leopard Shark
- John Dory
- Killer Whale
- The intruder
- Great White Shark