Feel (Glenn Hughes album)
|Studio album by Glenn Hughes|
|Released||June 7, 1995|
|Genre||Funk, Soul, Pop, Hard rock|
|Length||55:23 (European version)
59:43 (Japanese version)
Zero Corporation (Japan)
|Glenn Hughes chronology|
Feel is a studio album by former Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Trapeze vocalist/ bassist Glenn Hughes. It was released in 1995 on Zero Corporation and SPV records and was Hughes’ fourth solo studio album.
Feel is an album Hughes’ claims he made for himself, as he was 'tired of being told what to do. It is distinctive to Hughes’ other work in that the album has more of a pop, soul and funk sound rather than the hard rock he is generally known for.
This CD marks the first collaboration between Hughes and Pat Thrall since the 1982 Hughes/Thrall album, Thrall plays guitar on eight of the thirteen tracks and co-wrote two of them. Also performing on the album are former Guns N' Roses, now Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum, former Stevie Wonder keyboardist Greg Phillinganes and guitarists Bruce Gowdy and George Nastos.
This is the first solo studio album Hughes made that featured his bass playing on every track since 1977's Play Me Out.
Feel features a cover of the Stevie Wonder song Maybe Your Baby from Talking Book. The Japanese version of the album also includes a new recording of the Deep Purple track Holy Man, which originally featured on Stormbringer.
- "Big Time" – 4:59 (Hughes, Thrall)
- "Livin' For The Minute" – 5:26 (Gowdy, Hughes)
- "Does It Mean That Much To You?" – 5:42 (Hughes)
- "Save Me Tonight (I'll Be Waiting)" – 4:15 (Hughes, Kentis, Rojas)
- "Redline" – 4:53 (Hughes, Thrall)
- "Coffee & Vanilla" – 5:59 (Hughes, Rojas)
- "Push!" – 4:56 (Hughes)
- "She Loves Your Money" – 4:38 (Allison, Gowdy, Hughes)
- "Speak Your Mind" – 5:17 (Hughes, Rojas)
- "Talkin' To Messiah" – 4:38 (Gowdy, Hughes)
- "Maybe Your Baby" – 5:43 (Wonder)
Japanese Bonus Track
- "Holy Man" – 4:20 (Coverdale, Hughes, Lord)
- Glenn Hughes – Vocals/ Bass
- Pat Thrall – Guitars/ Keyboards on tracks 1,3-8&11
- Bruce Gowdy – Guitars/ Keyboards on tracks 2&10
- George Nastos – Guitars on tracks 8,9,11&12
- Gary Ferguson – Drums on all tracks except 10
- Matt Sorum – Drums on track 10
- Todd Hunter – Keyboards on tracks 1&3-5
- Marc Hugenberger – Keyboards on tracks 3,4,6-9&12
- Carmine Rojas – Keyboards on tracks 6&9
- Greg Phillinganes – Keyboards on track 11
- Pat Zicari – Saxophone on tracks 4,6&8
- Guy Allison – Bass synthesizer on track 8