Feel Like Makin' Love (Bad Company song)
|"Feel Like Makin' Love"|
|Single by Bad Company|
|from the album Straight Shooter|
|B-side||"Little Miss Fortune"|
|Format||7" 45 RPM|
|Recorded||September 1974 at Clearwell Castle, Gloucestershire, England|
|Bad Company singles chronology|
"Feel Like Makin' Love" is a song by British supergroup Bad Company. The song originally appeared on the LP Straight Shooter in April 1975 and was released as a single in August of the same year. The song was named the 78th best hard rock song of all time by VH1.
The song was featured in the 2001 movie Scotland PA with other Bad Company songs.
Paul Rodgers started to came up with the lyrics at a camp in California while touring the US with Free. He was 19 years old. After several years, Rodgers played it to Bad Company guitarist Mick Ralphs who threw in that big chord in the chorus - the muted 'duh-duh' that marks the shift from country ballad to chest-beating rocker.
- Pauline Henry, former singer of The Chimes, covered the song in 1993, charting at No. 12 in the UK.
- A cover was released by country music artist Philip Claypool in 1995 on his debut album A Circus Leaving Town. It was the highest-charting of that album's four singles, peaking at No. 60 on Hot Country Songs.
- It was covered by Kid Rock on his self-titled 2003 release. His version peaked at No. 33 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks charts.
- The song was parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic as "Feel Like Throwin' Up"
Bad Company version
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||5|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||2|
|UK Singles Chart||20|
|US Billboard Hot 100||10|
Pauline Henry version
|Australian Singles Chart||13|
|German Singles Chart||85|
|Irish Singles Chart||21|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||17|
|UK Singles Chart||12|
Philip Claypool version
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||60|
Kid Rock version
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||33|
- Strong, Charles (2002) [Originally published in 1994]. The Great Rock Discography (Sixth ed.). United Kingdom: Canongate Books. p. 133. ISBN 1-84195-312-1.
- Straight Shooter (Vinyl sleeve). Bad Company. United States: Swan Song Records. 1975. Back cover. SS 8413.
- "spreadit.org music". Archived from the original on 12 February 2009. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "The Story Behind The Songs: Feel Like Makin' Love by Bad Company". Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "officialcharts.com". Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "charts.org.nz > Bad Company in New Zealand Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- British Hit Singles & Albums (17th ed.). London: Guinness World Records. 2004. p. 41. ISBN 0-85112-199-3.
- "Bad Company – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Bad Company.
- "australian-charts.com > Pauline Henry in Australian Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Pauline Henry – Feel Like Making Love (single)" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "The Irish Charts – All there is to know > Search results for 'Pauline Henry'". Fireball Media. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "charts.org.nz > Pauline Henry in New Zealand Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Official Charts > Pauline Henry". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- British Hit Singles & Albums (17th ed.). London: Guinness World Records. 2004. p. 660. ISBN 0-85112-199-3.
- "Philip Claypool – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Philip Claypool.
- on YouTube
- Lyrics of live cover by Queen + Paul Rodgers from Live in Ukraine, from Queen official website
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|