Feel Like Makin' Love (Bad Company song)
|"Feel Like Makin' Love"|
|Single by Bad Company|
|from the album Straight Shooter|
|B-side||"Little Miss Fortune"|
|Format||7" 45 RPM|
|Recorded||September 1974 at Clearwell Castle, Gloucestershire, England|
|Genre||Hard rock, country rock|
|Writer(s)||Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs|
|Bad Company singles chronology|
"Feel Like Makin' Love" is a song by British supergroup Bad Company. The song showcases both the soft, ballad like side and hard rock side of the band.The song originally appeared on the LP Straight Shooter in April 1975 and was released as a single in August of the same year. The song was named the 78th best hard rock song of all time by VH1.
The song was featured in the 2001 movie Scotland PA with other Bad Company songs.
- Pauline Henry, former singer of The Chimes, covered the song in 1993, charting at No. 12 in the UK.
- A cover was released by country music artist Philip Claypool in 1995 on his debut album A Circus Leaving Town. It was the highest-charting of that album's four singles, peaking at No. 60 on Hot Country Songs.
- It was covered by Kid Rock on his self-titled 2003 release. His version peaked at No. 33 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks charts.
- The song was parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic as "Feel Like Throwin' Up"
Bad Company version
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||5|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100||10|
|UK Singles Chart||20|
Pauline Henry version
|UK Singles Chart||12|
Philip Claypool version
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||60|
Kid Rock version
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||33|
- Strong, Charles (2002) [Originally published in 1994]. The Great Rock Discography (Sixth ed.). United Kingdom: Canongate Books. p. 133. ISBN 1-84195-312-1.
- Straight Shooter (Vinyl sleeve). Bad Company. United States: Swan Song Records. 1975. Back cover. SS 8413.
- "spreadit.org music". Archived from the original on 12 February 2009. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "officialcharts.com". Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Bad Company – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Bad Company.
- British Hit Singles & Albums (17th ed.). London: Guinness World Records. 2004. p. 41. ISBN 0-85112-199-3.
- British Hit Singles & Albums (17th ed.). London: Guinness World Records. 2004. p. 660. ISBN 0-85112-199-3.
- "Philip Claypool – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Philip Claypool.
- on YouTube
- Lyrics of live cover by Queen + Paul Rodgers from Live in Ukraine, from Queen official website
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|