Feel That Fire (song)
|"Feel That Fire"|
|Single by Dierks Bentley|
|from the album Feel That Fire|
|Released||September 29, 2008|
|Dierks Bentley singles chronology|
"Feel That Fire" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Dierks Bentley. It was released in September 2008 as the first single and title track from his 2009 album of the same name. The song became Bentley's sixth Number One on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of February 21, 2009.
This song, which Bentley co-wrote along with Brad and Brett Warren (of The Warren Brothers) and his producer Brett Beavers, is an up-tempo mostly accompanied by electric guitar and banjo. It describes the narrator's lover and lists off all the things that she wants, such as "rid[ing] the bull at the rodeo" and “mak[ing] every stray [animal] a pet". In the chorus, the narrator explains that "she needs to feel that fire" and be his lover. This song is set in the key of A-flat major with the guitars set to E-flat tuning and a main chord pattern of A♭-D♭-G♭-A♭. Bentley's vocals range from G♭3 to E♭5.
The song received a "thumbs down" review from the country music site Engine 145. Despite calling it an "uptempo number that finds Bentley singing about something other than life on the road, featuring a rockin’ intro", critic Brady Vercher said that the song "contains a weak narrative that settles for what's easiest by barely delving into the subject."
To promote the single, Bentley shipped more than 2000 boxes of Cracker Jack to various radio stations (a reference to "she wants the toy in the Cracker Jack", a line from the opening). Fifty-one stations were chosen randomly as winners, with the grand prize being a concert with Bentley.
The music video featured actress and model Sarah Desage.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||54|
|US Billboard Hot 100||32|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "'Feel That Fire' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Bonaguro, Alison (2008-09-24). "Feel Dierks Bentley's Fire". CMT. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- Vercher, Brady (2008-09-18). "Dierks Bentley - "Feel That Fire"". Engine 145. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- "Dierks Bentley Has Cracker Jack Idea for Radio Promotion". CMT. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Dierks Bentley Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.
- "American single certifications – Dierks Bentley – Feel That Fire". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 10, 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.