|Song by Traffic from the album Traffic|
"Feelin' Alright?", also known as "Feeling Alright", is a song written by Dave Mason of the English rock band Traffic from their eponymous 1968 album Traffic. It was also released as a single, and it reached #123 on the US charts but failed to chart in the UK. The song was also a hit single for several performers: Joe Cocker (1969, #69, re-charted in 1972, #33), Mongo Santamaría (1969, #95), and Grand Funk Railroad (1971, #54).
It has also been recorded by:
- 1969 - Three Dog Night (as the B-side to "Celebrate"), Rare Earth, David Ruffin, and Rustix
- 1970 - Lulu, Lou Rawls, Chairmen of the Board, Hubert Laws, The 5th Dimension
- 1971 - Gladys Knight & the Pips, Jackson 5 alone and with Diana Ross (various live and one studio versions), Wade Marcus, Maceo Parker
- 1973 - Isaac Hayes, The Undisputed Truth, and Mother's Finest
- 1978 - The Bar-Kays, Money Talks
- 1994 - Kate Ceberano recorded a version for her 1994 album, Kate Ceberano and Friends.
- 2016 - Lauren Bush, 'All My Treasures'.
Little Milton recorded his own version in 1970 that was released on the 1985 album The Checker Days 1961-1970, while Paul Weller released his version on his Above the Clouds EP in 1992, and Ohio Players version features as bonus track in Pain album reissue in 2006.
Other artists who released their covers are Freddie King, Widespread Panic and The Black Crowes. A Steel Drum version by Trinidad Oil Company was reissued on the dancefloor jazz compilation Blue Juice 2.
- Dave Mason - lead vocal, guitar
- Steve Winwood - piano, bass, backing vocal
- Chris Wood - tenor saxophone, backing vocal
- Jim Capaldi - drums, miscellaneous percussion, backing vocal
Joe Cocker version
- Lead vocals by Joe Cocker
- Guitar by David Cohen
- Bass guitar by Carol Kaye
- Piano by Artie Butler
- Drums by Paul Humphrey
- Percussion by Laudir de Oliveira
- Backing vocals by Brenda Holloway, Patrice Holloway and Merry Clayton
Cocker included this song live in his double album Mad Dogs & Englishmen.
Jackson 5 version
- Lead Vocals by Jermaine, Marlon, Michael and Jackie Jackson
- Background vocals by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Tito Jackson, and Jackie Jackson
- Instruments by Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, and Jackie Jackson
Craig Chaquiço version
Grand Funk Railroad version
- Lead vocals and guitar by Mark Farner
- Backing vocals and drums by Don Brewer
- Bass guitar by Mel Schacher
- Traffic, "Feelin' Alright?" Chart Position Retrieved 20 March 2015
- "Traffic – Full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Joe Cocker, "Feeling Alright" 1969 Chart Position Retrieved 20 March 2015
- Joe Cocker, "Feeling Alright" 1972 Chart Position Retrieved 20 March 2015
- Mongo Santamaría, "Feeling Alright" Chart Position Retrieved 20 March 2015
- Grand Funk Railroad, "Feelin' Alright" Chart Position Retrieved 20 March 2015
- "Original versions of Feelin' Alright written by Dave Mason". SecondHandSongs. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Jackson 5 & Diana Ross | Feelin' Alright (1971)". Jackson5abc.com. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Paul Weller - Above The Clouds (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Ohio Players - Pain (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Once in a Blue Universe overview". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "New Age - November '97 - Winter Solstice VI". Music-Reviewer.com. Retrieved 14 July 2010.