|Song by Traffic from the album Traffic|
|Song by E.Y.C. from the album Express Yourself Cleary|
"Feelin' Alright?", also known as "Feeling Alright", is a song written by Dave Mason of the English rock band Traffic from their eponymous 1968 album Traffic, which reached #123 on the US chart. The song was also a hit single for several performers: Joe Cocker (1969, #69, re-charted in 1972, #33), Mongo Santamaría (1969, #95), and Grand Funk Railroad (1971, #54).
It has also been recorded by:
- 1969 - Three Dog Night (as the B-side to "Celebrate"), Rare Earth, David Ruffin, and Rustix
- 1970 - Lulu, Lou Rawls, Chairmen of the Board, Hubert Laws, The 5th Dimension
- 1971 - Gladys Knight & the Pips, Jackson 5 alone and with Diana Ross (various live and one studio versions), Wade Marcus, Maceo Parker
- 1973 - Isaac Hayes, The Undisputed Truth, and Mother's Finest
- 1994 - Kate Ceberano recorded a version for her 1994 album, Kate Ceberano and Friends.
Little Milton recorded his own version in 1970 that was released on the 1985 album The Checker Days 1961-1970, while Paul Weller in his Above the Clouds EP (1992), and Ohio Players version features as bonus track in Pain album reissue in 2006.
Other artists who released their covers are Freddie King, Widespread Panic and The Black Crowes. A Steel Drum version by Trinidad Oil Company was reissued on the dancefloor jazz compilation Blue Juice 2.
- Dave Mason - lead vocal, guitar
- Steve Winwood - piano, bass, backing vocal
- Chris Wood - tenor saxophone, backing vocal
- Jim Capaldi - drums, miscellaneous percussion, backing vocal
- Bass Guitar
- Drum Dance
- Synth Strings
Joe Cocker version
- Lead vocals by Joe Cocker
- Guitar by David Cohen
- Bass guitar by Carol Kaye
- Piano by Artie Butler
- Drums by Paul Humphrey
- Percussion by Laudir de Oliveira
- Backing vocals by Brenda Holloway, Patrice Holloway and Merry Clayton
Cocker included this song live in his double album Mad Dogs & Englishmen.
Jackson 5 version
- Lead Vocals by Jermaine, Marlon, Michael and Jackie Jackson
- Background vocals by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Tito Jackson, and Jackie Jackson
- Instruments by Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, and Jackie Jackson
Craig Chaquiço version
E.Y.C. – Feelin' Alright Genre: Electronic, Hip Hop, Pop Style: RnB/Swing, House Year: 1992
|*Feelin' Alright (Album Version) 4:11
|*Feelin' Alright (Hip Hop Radio Edit) 4:24
|*Feelin' Alright (House Mix) 7:30
Genre: Electronic, Hip Hop Style: RnB/Swing, House
Tracklist Hide Credits .
- A Feelin' Alright (Album Version) 4:11
- B Swing My Way - 4:19
- C Get Some
- D Feelin' Alright (Hip Hop Radio Edit)
Producer [Additional], Remix – Curt Frasca 4:24
Grand Funk Railroad version
- Lead vocals and guitar by Mark Farner
- Backing vocals and drums by Don Brewer
- Bass guitar by Mel Schacher
- Traffic, "Feelin' Alright?" Chart Position Retrieved March 20, 2015
- Joe Cocker, "Feeling Alright" 1969 Chart Position Retrieved March 20, 2015
- Joe Cocker, "Feeling Alright" 1972 Chart Position Retrieved March 20, 2015
- Mongo Santamaría, "Feeling Alright" Chart Position Retrieved March 20, 2015
- Grand Funk Railroad, "Feelin' Alright" Chart Position Retrieved March 20, 2015
- "Original versions of Feelin' Alright written by Dave Mason". SecondHandSongs. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Jackson 5 & Diana Ross | Feelin' Alright (1971)". Jackson5abc.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Paul Weller - Above The Clouds (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Ohio Players - Pain (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Once in a Blue Universe overview". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "New Age - November '97 - Winter Solstice VI". Music-Reviewer.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.