Feelin' Good Train
|Feelin' Good Train|
|Studio album by Sammy Kershaw|
|Released||June 21, 1994|
|Sammy Kershaw chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||B link|
Feelin' Good Train is the third studio album released by American country music artist Sammy Kershaw. It was released in 1994 (see 1994 in country music) on Mercury Records. The album produced four singles for Kershaw on the Billboard country charts. The first two singles were "National Working Woman's Holiday" and a cover of the Amazing Rhythm Aces' "Third Rate Romance", both of which peaked at #2. Following it were "Southbound" at #27 and "If You're Gonna Walk, I'm Gonna Crawl" at #18. Also included on this album is the track "Never Bit a Bullet Like This", a duet with George Jones which was previously released from his 1993 album High-Tech Redneck.
- "Feelin' Good Train" (Al Anderson, Mike Lawler) – 3:34
- "Third Rate Romance" (Russell Smith) – 3:21
- "If You Ever Come This Way Again" (Dean Dillon, Donny Kees) – 3:19
- "National Working Woman's Holiday" (James Dean Hicks, Roger Murrah, Pat Terry) – 3:09
- "Southbound" (Mac McAnally) – 4:31
- "Better Call a Preacher" (Sammy Kershaw, Steven D. Cohen, Rick Lagneaux) – 2:30
- "Paradise from Nine to One" (Rick Bowles, Pat Bunch, Josh Leo) – 3:39
- "Too Far Gone to Leave" (Rock Killough, Larry T. Wilson) – 2:50
- "If You're Gonna Walk, I'm Gonna Crawl" (Larry Bastian, Buddy Cannon) – 2:18
- "The Heart That Time Forgot" (Tony Martin, Sterling Whipple) – 3:07
- "Never Bit a Bullet Like This" (Jim Foster, Mark C. Petersen) – 2:21
- duet with George Jones
As listed in liner notes.
- David Briggs - piano
- Gary Burr - background vocals on "Third Rate Romance"
- Mike Chapman - bass guitar
- Sonny Garrish - steel guitar
- Rob Hajacos - fiddle
- George Jones - vocals on "Never Bit a Bullet Like This"
- Sammy Kershaw - lead vocals
- Mike Lawler - keyboards
- Paul Leim - drums
- Mac McAnally - background vocals on "Southbound"
- Brent Mason - electric guitar on "Never Bit a Bullet Like This"
- Joey Miskulin - accordion
- Danny Parks - acoustic guitar
- Russell Smith - background vocals on "Third Rate Romance"
- Jo-El Sonnier - accordion
- Cindy Richardson Walker - background vocals
- Dennis Wilson - background vocals
- Lonnie Wilson - drums on "Never Bit a Bullet Like This"
- Curtis Young - background vocals
- Reggie Young - electric guitar
Strings by The Nashville String Machine conducted by Carl Gorodetzky
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||9|
|U.S. Billboard 200||73|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||2|
- Feelin' Good Train (Media notes). Sammy Kershaw. PolyGram Records. 1994. 314-522 125-2.
- Allmusic (see infobox)