Christopher Murphy (designer)
Fehler's works in various analogue and digital media have been featured in the design anthologies Radical Album Cover Art: Sampler 3 (ISBN 978-1856693523); and CD Art: Innovation in CD Packaging Design (ISBN 978-2888930136). His work, on his own and as part of Fehler, has been exhibited in MUTEK in Montreal, Argos Centre for Art and Media in Brussels; Sintesi in Naples; Up Close in Malta ; and at Lovebytes in Sheffield.
In addition to creating works as part of Fehler for Absolut Vodka and the Royal Mail, Murphy has worked within the field of audio-related design since the 1990s. He was co-founder of Fällt, an independent publishing house specialising in experimental music, fine art, design and criticism, for which Fehler was the design arm. Murphy produced work for independent labels including Fällt, BiP-HOp, 1,024 and Bremsstrahlung Recordings. His work for Bremsstrahlung Recordings, a homage to the System 6 operating system of the Macintosh, was featured in the book The Cult of Mac.
Murphy is a senior lecturer in interaction design at the Belfast School of Art, University of Ulster, the author and co-author of six books and a regular conference speaker, and has spoken in several countries on the topic of multidisciplinary approaches to design.
Adrian Shaughnessy, writing in Creative Review, described Fehler as, "...a William Morris for the digital age." Shaughnessy also wrote in Eye that Fehler and Angela Lorenz defined in certain manifestations of their work a, "new aesthetic for digital design."
- HTML and CSS Web Standards Solutions: A Web Standardistas' Approach, friends of ED, 2009. ISBN 978-1430216063
- Glitch: Designing Imperfection, Mark Batty Publisher, 2009. ISBN 978-0979966668
- The Craft of Words - Part One: Macrocopy, Five Simple Steps, 2013. ISBN 978-1907828126
- The Craft of Words - Part Two: Microcopy, Five Simple Steps, 2013. ISBN 978-1907828218
- "Christopher Murphy Biography". Fällt. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Christophe Behrens Biography". Fällt. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Fehler - Biography". Fällt. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "SightSonic Artist & Event Information". York International Festival of Digital Arts. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Mutek 2002". Textura. June 2002. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Ive Stevenheydens - This Place is Dreaming : Rethinking and Transfiguring the Sites and Sounds of Brussels". Argos Centre for Art and Media. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Lovebytes presents the Template exhibition at the Workstation". Showroom Workstation. 6 May 2010. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Artistic Auteurs". Belfast Galleries. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "RECIPROCESS : + / vs". Pandemonium Records. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Leander Kahney (29 May 2002). "Web Revival for Old Mac Interface". Wired. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Christopher Murphy". Belfast School of Art. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Laptop aesthetics (text in full)". Eye (49). 2003.