This article has an unclear citation style.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(February 2015) (
California Institute of Technology (2005, PhD)
Computer vision |
|Awards||Sloan Fellowship (2011), IBM Faculty Fellow Award (2014), Yahoo Labs FREP award (2012), NSF CAREER award (2009), Microsoft Research New Faculty Fellowship (2006)|
|Thesis||Visual Recognition: Computational Models and Human Psychophysics (2005)|
Fei-Fei Li (born 1976), who publishes under the name Li Fei-Fei(simplified Chinese: 李飞飞; traditional Chinese: 李飛飛), is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University. She is the director of the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab (SAIL)  and the Stanford Vision Lab. In 2017, she co-founded AI4ALL, a nonprofit working to increase diversity and inclusion in artificial intelligence. She works in the areas of computer vision and cognitive neuroscience.
Li obtained her B.S. degree in physics from Princeton University in 1999 with High Honors. Her PhD degree is in electrical engineering from California Institute of Technology in 2005. Her graduate studies were supported by The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans. From 2005 to August 2009, she was an assistant professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and Computer Science Department at Princeton University, respectively. She joined Stanford in 2009 as an assistant professor, and was promoted to associate professor with tenure in 2012.
Fei-Fei works on computer vision, cognitive neuroscience and computational neuroscience, and Big Data analysis. She has authored more than 100 scientific articles. Her work appears in computer science and neuroscience journals including Nature, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,  Journal of Neuroscience , Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, International Conference on Computer Vision, Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, European Conference on Computer Vision, International Journal of Computer Vision, and IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
Fei-Fei is the recipient of the 2014 IBM Faculty Fellow Award, the 2011 Alfred Sloan Faculty Award, the 2012 Yahoo Labs FREP Award, the 2009 NSF CAREER Award, and the 2006 Microsoft Research New Faculty Fellowship. She has been featured in media venues such as the New York Times and Science Magazine.
Fei-Fei joined Google as the Chief Scientist of the AI & ML department of Google Cloud Platform.
- Markoff, John (November 19, 2012). "Seeking a Better Way to Find Web Images". The New York Times.
Dr. Li, 36
- "Melinda Gates and Fei-Fei Li Want to Liberate AI from "Guys With Hoodies"". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "AI4ALL - Official Website". ai-4-all.org. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- "Google Scholar".
- Peelen, Marius V.; Fei-Fei, Li; Kastner, Sabine (2002). "Neural mechanisms of rapid natural scene categorization in human visual cortex". Nature. 460: 94–97. doi:10.1038/nature08103. PMC . PMID 19506558.
- Fei-Fei, Li; VanRullen, Rufin; Koch, Christof; Perona, Pietro (2002). "Rapid natural scene categorization in the near absence of attention".
- Stanley, Garrett B; Fei-Fei, Li; Dan, Yang (1999). "Reconstruction of natural scenes from ensemble responses in the lateral geniculate nucleus". Journal of Neuroscience.
- Markoff, John (August 18, 2014). "Computer Eyesight Gets a Lot More Accurate". The New York Times.
- Deng, Jia; Dong, Wei; Socher, Richard; Li, Li-Jia; Li, Kai; Fei-Fei, Li (2009). "Imagenet: A large-scale hierarchical image database". CVPR.
- Markoff, John (November 17, 2014). "Researchers Announce Breakthrough In Content Recognition Software". The New York Times.
- Jia You (January 9, 2015). "Beyond the Turing Test" (PDF). Science Magazine.
- "Fei-Fei Li". www.blog.google. Retrieved 2018-06-25.