Fejd performing at the 2013 Burgfolk Festival at Broich Castle, Germany.
Folk metal (later)
|Labels||Dead End Exit, Napalm Records|
|Associated acts||Rimmerfors, Nostradameus, Pathos|
In 2001, Patrik and Niklas Rimmerfors (both once played as a duo under the name Rimmerfor) joined forces with their musicians Lennart Specht, Thomas Antonsson and Esko Salow to form the band Fejd. Specht, Antonsson and Salow also played together in Pathos and Nostradameus. The band made their first appearances in 2002. After three self-produced demos and EPs, their debut album Storm was released via Napalm Records in 2009. In the same year, the band participated in Wacken Open Air.
Fejd's music is rooted in the typical melodic themes of the Nordic folk music and neofolk with rock influence. They usually incorporate a diverse selection of folk instruments, such as moraharpa, bouzouki, jew's harp, säckpipa, hurdy-gurdy and many others. Since 2016's Trolldom, the metal elements are more prominent in the band's music. Their lyrics are mostly written in Swedish.
- Patrik Rimmerfors - lead vocals, bouzouki, säckpipa, jaw harp, hurdy-gurdy, cow antler, recorder, willow pipe (2001–present)
- Niklas Rimmerfors - nyckelharpa, backing vocals (2001–present)
- Lennart Specht - keyboards (2001–present)
- Thomas Antonsson - bass (2001–present)
- Esko Salow - drums, percussion (2001–present)
- Per-Owe Solvelius - guitars(2015–present)
- Studio albums
- Storm (2009)
- Eifur (2010)
- Nagelfar (2013)
- Trolldom (2016)
- Eld (2006)
- I en tid som var (2002)
- Huldran (2004)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fejd.|
- Fejd.se, Fejd's official website
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|