Martinez at the 32nd Goya Awards in 2018
22 February 1975
Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival Award for Best Actor|
2004 Bad Education
Martínez was born in Alicante, Spain. A product of the Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático in Madrid, he began to act and direct theater at an early age. His first acting attempts were with the Sexpeare Teatro theater company.
His chance at stardom came at the hand of Alejandro Amenábar, who offered him a role in his opera prima Tesis. It was for this work that Fele received the Goya Award for Best New Actor in 1996. Among his films are the notable Abre Los Ojos (Amenábar, 1997), Los amantes del círculo polar (Julio Médem, 1998), El arte de morir (Álvaro Fernández Armero, 1999), Capitanes de Abril (María de Medeiros, 1999), Tuno negro (Pedro L. Barbero y Vicente J. Martín, 2000), and La Mala Educación (Pedro Almodóvar, 2004).
He has also participated in several independent film projects including the short films Pasaia (1996), for which he won Best Actor at the Elche Film Festival, Amigos (1997), La cartera (2000), and El castigo del ángel (2002) which he also directed.
- Pasaia (1996)
- Tesis (1996)
- Amigos (1997)
- Abre los ojos (1997)
- Los Amantes del Círculo Polar (1998)
- Lágrimas Negras (1998)
- Tú qué Harías por Amor (1999)
- El Arte de Morir (1999)
- Capitanes de Abril (2000)
- Tuno Negro (2000)
- Tinta Roja (2000)
- La Cartera (2000)
- Noche de reyes (2001)
- El Castigo del Ángel (2002)
- Darkness (2002)
- Hable con ella (2002)
- Dos Tipos Duros (2003)
- La Mala Educación (2004)
- Tánger (2004)
- El Asesino del Parking (2006)
- El Síndrome de Svensson(2006)
- A un metro de tí (2007)
- 14, Fabian Road (2008)
- Carmo (2008)
- El Kaserón (2008)
- Los Minutos del Silencio (2009)
- The Night My Mother Killed My Father (2016)
- "Fele Martínez Biography | Fandango". Fandango. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Almodovar's Other Bad Boy". FilmStew. April 12, 2005. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- Vigil, Delfin (December 19, 2004). "Actor Fele Martinez grows up". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Alcalá bulle". elpais.com. Retrieved 2017-08-27.