Herrig at Muay Thai Mayhem XIV in New York.
|Born||Felice Nicole Herrig
September 18, 1984
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
|Other names||Lil Bulldog, LBD|
|Residence||Crystal Lake, Illinois|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||115 lb (52 kg; 8.2 st)|
|Reach||65.0 in (165 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Kickboxing|
|Fighting out of||Crystal Lake, Illinois|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Felice Nicole Herrig (born September 18, 1984) is an American kickboxer, Muay Thai fighter, and mixed martial artist. Born in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, she began her career practicing kickboxing and Muay Thai before transitioning to MMA in 2009. In September 2011, she signed a multi-fight deal with XFC in Florida.
She currently fights in the UFC strawweight division, where she is currently the #9-ranked female strawweight fighter in the world according to the Unified Women's MMA Rankings.
- 1 Kickboxing career
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Mixed martial arts record
- 4 Kickboxing record
- 5 Media appearances
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Prior to Felice "Lil' Bulldog" Herrig's move to Mixed Martial Arts, Herrig held a professional kickboxing record of 23-5. She is currently ranked number 2 in the World in the IKF International Kickboxing Federation Pro Women’s Muay Thai Bantamweight Division.
As a pro kickboxer Herrig won the International Kickboxing Federation Pro Muay Thai United States Bantamweight Title. She won the title on November 15, 2008 in Chicago, Illinois, USA, when she defeated Katie Meehan by unanimous decision, 49-46, 48-47 and 49-46.
As an Amateur she was a two time International Kickboxing Federation Open Tournament Champion.
On August 21, 2005, in Orlando, Florida, USA Herrig became the 2005 IKF North American Classic Amateur Full Contact Rules Bantamweight Tournament Champion when she defeated Terri French of Little Rock, Arkansas, USA by unanimous decision 30-27 on all 3 judges cards.
On July 30, 2006 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA Herrig defended her IKF Tournament Title at the 2006 IKF World Classic when she defeated Stacy Chung of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada by unanimous decision 29-28 on all 3 judges cards.
Mixed martial arts career
Herrig appeared on Fight Girls in 2007 on the Oxygen Channel and won her fight in Thailand against a champion Thai fighter. She was later scheduled to appear on another reality show about women's MMA called the Ultimate Women Challenge.
Herrig faced Iman Achhal at UWC: Man "O" War on February 21, 2009 in her MMA debut. She lost the fight by split decision.
She faced Michele Gutierrez at Unconquered 1: November Reign on November 20, 2009 and won the fight by armbar submission in the second round.
Herrig faced Amanda LaVoy at XFO 37 on December 4, 2010. She won the fight via armbar submission in the first round.
Herrig faced Andrea Miller at Chicago Cagefighting Championship 3 on March 5, 2011. She won the fight by TKO in the first round.
Her scheduled bout against undefeated Kelly Warren at Fight Tour on August 20, 2011 was cancelled due to Warren weighing in 7 pounds overweight.
On April 13, 2012, Herrig faced Patricia Vidonic at XFC 17: Apocalypse in Jackson, Tennessee. She defeated Vidonic by unanimous decision.
Herrig was scheduled to return to Bellator to face Michele Gutierrez in a rematch at Bellator 84 on December 14, 2012. However, Gutierrez withdrew from the fight on December 1 and Herrig instead competed in a rematch against Patricia Vidonic. She won the fight via unanimous decision.
Herrig next competed against Heather Clark at Bellator 94 on March 28, 2013. She won the fight via split decision. The fight ended controversially as following the final bell Herrig unleashed a yell of celebration in her opponent’s face, which prompted a post-fight backhand punch from Clark. Herrig retaliated with a punch of her own, before order was restored.
Invicta Fighting Championships
On August 13, 2013, it was announced that Herrig had signed a multi-fight deal with Invicta Fighting Championships. She faced Tecia Torres at Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith on December 7, 2013 and lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
The Ultimate Fighter
On December 11, 2013, it was announced that Herrig was signed by the UFC along with ten other strawweight fighters to compete on season 20 of The Ultimate Fighter, which will crown the first ever UFC women's strawweight champion.
Herrig was the sixth fighter to go to coach Anthony Pettis. She faced rival Heather Jo Clark in a rematch in the preliminary round of the tournament. Herrig again won the fight by unanimous decision. She lost to Randa Markos via submission in the quarterfinal round of competition.
Herrig's first fight after The Ultimate Fighter was against Lisa Ellis at the The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale on December 12, 2014. She won the fight via submission in the second round.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|16 matches||10 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||10–6||Paige VanZant||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Machida vs. Rockhold||April 18, 2015||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||10–5||Lisa Ellis||Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale||December 12, 2014||2||3:05||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||9–5||Tecia Torres||Decision (unanimous)||Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith||December 7, 2013||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||9–4||Heather Jo Clark||Decision (split)||Bellator 94||March 28, 2013||3||5:00||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Win||8–4||Patricia Vidonic||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 84||December 14, 2012||3||5:00||Hammond, Indiana, United States|
|Win||7–4||Simona Soukupova||Decision (unanimous)||XFC 19: Charlotte Showdown||August 3, 2012||3||5:00||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Win||6–4||Patricia Vidonic||Decision (unanimous)||XFC 17: Apocalypse||April 13, 2012||3||5:00||Jackson, Tennessee, United States|
|Loss||5–4||Carla Esparza||Decision (unanimous)||XFC 15: Tribute||December 2, 2011||3||5:00||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Win||5–3||Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc||Decision (unanimous)||Xtreme Fighting Organization 39||May 13, 2011||3||5:00||Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States|
|Win||4–3||Andrea Miller||TKO (punches)||Chicago Cagefighting Championship 3||March 5, 2011||1||3:30||Villa Park, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||3–3||Barb Honchak||Decision (unanimous)||Hoosier Fight Club 6: New Years Nemesis||January 14, 2011||3||5:00||Valparaiso, Indiana, United States|
|Win||3–2||Amanda LaVoy||Submission (armbar)||Xtreme Fighting Organization 37||December 4, 2010||1||3:35||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||2–2||Jessica Rakoczy||Decision (split)||Bellator 14||April 15, 2010||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||1–2||Michele Gutierrez||Submission (armbar)||Unconquered 1: November Reign||November 20, 2009||2||2:03||Coral Gables, Florida, United States|
|Loss||0–2||Valerie Coolbaugh||Decision (split)||Xtreme Fighting Organization 29||April 17, 2009||3||5:00||Lakemoor, Illinois, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Iman Achhal||Decision (split)||UWC: Man "O" War||February 21, 2009||3||5:00||Fairfax, Virginia, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Loss||1–1||Randa Markos||Submission (scarf-hold armlock)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned||November 19, 2014 (airdate)||1||2:46||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 20 Quarterfinal round|
|Win||1–0||Heather Jo Clark||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned||October 22, 2014 (airdate)||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 20 Elimination round|
23 wins (? KOs), 5 losses, 0 draws
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "Felice Herrig Awakening Profile". Awakeningfighters.com. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Machida vs. Rockhold". UFC.com. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- "Felice Herrig - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Helfgot, Mike (2009-07-03). "Buffalo Grove fighter Felice Herrig gets her shot on reality TV". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- Bratcher, Jack (2011-09-20). "XFC signs Felice Herrig to multi-fight deal". ProMMANow.com. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Unified Women's Mixed Martial Arts Rankings". MMARising.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "MMA Fighter Felice Herrig is Bantering with Brian Dryfhout". MouthpieceSports.com. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Felice Herrig: "Girls Want Nothing To Do With My Standup"". FightHype.com. 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "Easton Captures UWC Gold; Patterson Victorious". Sherdog.com. 2009-02-22. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Highlights of Felice Herrig's First MMA Victory". ChicagosMMA.com. 2009-12-03. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Askren, Thomas Cleared for Bellator 14". Sherdog.com. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "Herrig ekes out a split decision while Curran loses in UD at Bellator". YAHOO! Sports. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "XFO 37 results – Jeff Curran picks up win & Felice Herrig vs. Amanda LaVoy fight video". ULTMMA.com. 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Barb Honchak Defeats Felice Herrig At Hoosier Fight Club 6". MMARising.com. 2011-01-15. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Pulver Wins Despite Broken Foot". ChicagosMMA.com. 2011-03-06. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- MMA Recap. "XFO 39 Results and Recap". MMARecap.com. MMARecap. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Sargent, Robert (2011-05-13). "Felice Herrig, Amanda LaVoy Earn Victories At XFO 39". MMARising.com. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Fight Tour: Sylvia Vs Adams from Rockford, Illinois – Quick Results". TheFightNerd.com. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Carla Esparza vs Felice Herrig Announced For XFC 15". MMARising.com. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- "Carla Esparza Defeats Felice Herrig In XFC 15 Co-Feature". MMARising.com. 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Felice Herrig Defeats Patricia Vidonic At XFC 17: "Apocalypse"". MMARising.com. 2012-04-13. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Felice Herrig vs Simona Soukupova Planned For XFC 19". MMARising.com. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Felice Herrig Defeats Simona Soukupova In XFC 19 Co-Feature". MMARising.com. 2012-08-03. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Felice Herrig vs Michele Gutierrez Rematch Added To Bellator 84". MMARising.com. 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "Gutierrez Out, Herrig Now Set To Rematch Vidonic At Bellator 84". MMARising.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Felice Herrig Gets New Opponent for Bellator 84 After Michele Gutierrez Allegedly Fakes Injury to Cover Up Weight Issues". CagePotato.com. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "Felice Herrig Defeats Patricia Vidonic In Bellator 84 Rematch". MMARising.com. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Bellator 84 results: Herrig cruises to one-sided decision in rematch". MMAjunkie.com. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Felice Herrig vs Heather Clark Targeted For Bellator 94 In Florida". MMARising.com. 2013-02-20. Retrieved 2013-02-20.
- "Jessica Aguilar, Felice Herrig Victorious At Bellator 94 In Florida". MMARising.com. 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Felice Herrig apologizes for Bellator 94 scuffle with Heather Clark". mmajunkie.com. 2013-03-31. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Felice Herrig Signs With Invicta Fighting Championships". InvictaFC.com. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "INVICTA FC 7 COMING TO KANSAS CITY ON DECEMBER 7TH". InvictaFC.com. 2013-10-11. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Felice Herrig Set To Face Tecia Torres At Invicta FC 7". MMARising.com. 2013-10-11. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Dave Reid (2013-12-11). "UFC Announce Plans for Strawweight Division with TUF 20, Signings of Several Invicta FC Roster Confirmed". MMAInsider.net. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- Matt Erickson (2013-12-11). "TUF 20 Finale adds six fights in Las Vegas, including Herrig-Ellis, Torres-Magana". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-01-14). "UFC ON FOX 15 GETS PAIGE VANZANT-FELICE HERRIG, JIM MILLER-PAUL FELDER ON APRIL 18". sherdog.com.