Felipe El Debs
|Felipe El Debs|
|Full name||Felipe de Cresce El Debs|
January 29, 1985 |
São Carlos, Brazil
|FIDE rating||2531 (March 2017)|
|Peak rating||2525 (January 2013)|
El Debs won the silver medal in the tournament I Memorial Vanderley Cason Melo - 'Canarinho'  held in Campinas from 16 to 24 January 2010. The tournament was restricted only to IMs and GMs. He had no defeats, but defeated two of the five GMs that were also participating, obtaining nine points out of thirteen. With this result, his FIDE rating rose to 2500; in July 2010 he was granted the GM title by FIDE, becoming Brazil's 9th Grandmaster.
In the Brazilian Under-20 Chess Championship in which he obtained the FIDE Master title in 2004, El Debs won the first prize with an unprecedented performance of 100%.
- I Memorial Vanderley Cason Melo - 'Canarinho' (Portuguese)
- Felipe El Debs player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Felipe El Debs player profile at 365Chess.com
- Interview with Felipe El Debs by Taís Julião (Portuguese)
- Interview with Felipe El Debs by XadrezTotal (Portuguese)
|This biographical article relating to a Brazilian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|