Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
|Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering|
|Sponsored by||Royal Academy of Engineering|
Fellowship of the Royal Academy of Engineering (FREng) is an award and fellowship for engineers who are recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering as being the best and brightest engineers, inventors and technologists in the UK and from around the world to promote excellence in engineering and to enhance and support engineering research, policy formation, education and entrepreneurship and other activities that advance and enrich engineering in all its forms.
Fellowship is a significant honour. Up to 60 engineers are elected each year by their peers. Honorary and International Fellows are those who have made exceptional contributions to engineering.
The criteria for election are stated in the charter, statutes, and regulations document. The essential attributes of excellence in engineering include:
- Organisation and department leaders: those with full responsibility on technical decisions, those who have demonstrated significant personal engineering achievements
- Top Engineers, academics or researchers: whose work have resulted in new products, important processes or practices, those who have made outstanding contributions to major projects.
See Category:Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering for examples of fellows.
- List of female fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- List of International Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- "Election to the Fellowship". raeng.org.uk. London: Royal Academy of Engineering.
- "Professor Harald Haas elected a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering". ed.ac.uk. University of Edinburgh.
- "Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship". oxinst.com. Oxford: Oxford Instruments.
- "Two Sheffield Professors awarded Fellowships by the Royal Academy of Engineering". sheffield.ac.uk. University of Sheffield.
- "The Fellowship". raeng.org.uk. Royal Academy of Engineering. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Charter, Statutes and Regulations". raeng.org.uk. Royal Academy of Engineering.
- "List of Fellows". raeng.org.uk. Royal Academy of Engineering.
- "Academy welcomes leading UK and international engineers as new Fellows". engc.org.uk. Engineering Council.
- "FREng honour for Institution members". imeche.org. Institution of Mechanical Engineers.