Femina Miss India
Miss Grand International
Miss United Continent
|The Times Group|
|Subsidiaries||Femina Miss India Delhi
Femina Miss India Bangalore
Femina Miss India Kolkata
Miss India' or Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant in India that annually selects representatives to compete in Miss World. It is organised by Femina, a women's magazine published by The Times Group.
- 1 History
- 2 International pageants
- 3 International victories
- 4 Multiple victories in the same year
- 5 Competition irregularities
- 6 Femina Miss India and Miss Diva winners from 2013 - present
- 7 Indian representatives to Big Four pageants
- 8 Other international pageants
- 9 Winners Notes
- 10 Photographs of some notable international titleholders
- 11 Photographs of some notable titleholders
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- 14 External links
In 1952, two Miss India pageants were held, Indrani Rehman and Nutan were the winners of the pageant. Nutan was crowned as Miss Mussorie. The pageant was held by the local press.Indrani Rehman was crowned at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai in the month of April, 1952. Indrani later represented India at Miss Universe 1952, the inaugural edition of Miss Universe pageant.
In 1953, Peace Kanwal from Punjab was crowned Miss India 1953 at KARDAR-KOLYNOS Pageant. The pageant was organised by Abdur Rashid Kardar. She later established herself as a Bollywood actress.
There was no Miss India pageant from 1955 to 1958. In 1959, Eve's Weekly organised its very first Miss India contest called Eve's Weekly Miss India to send India's representatives to the Miss World pageant. Fleur Ezekiel was crowned the eventual winner. She represented India at Miss World 1959 held in London, United Kingdom.
The first ever Femina Miss India pageant was held in year 1964. Meher Castelino Mistri of Maharashtra was crowned the first ever Femina Miss India. She was chosen to represent India at Miss Universe 1964 held in the United States and Miss Nations 1964 held in Spain.
Reita Faria was the first Miss India ever to win any international beauty pageant. She was crowned Miss World 1966 in London, United Kingdom. She was the winner of Eve's Weekly Miss India contest. The same year Femina Miss India winner Yasmin Daji represented India at Miss Universe 1966 and was crowned 3rd Runner Up at the event. She was the first ever Femina Miss India Winner to get placed at any international beauty pageant.
In Earlier days, Femina Miss India used to crown three contestants, the winner used to represent India at Miss Universe and the runners-up were sent to Miss Asia Pacific and International Teen Princess. Later the second runner up represents India at Miss Teenage Intercontinental. On some occasions the 2nd Runner up or a finalist was sent to Queen of Pacific pageant from 1969 to 1975.
Zeenat Aman was the first ever Femina Miss India titleholder to win an international pageant. She was crowned Femina Miss India Asia Pacific and went on to win Miss Asia Pacific 1970 held in Philippines.
Later, after acquiring the rights to send India's representatives to Miss World, Femina Miss India used to select three winners who were then sent to Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Asia Pacific International pageants, respectively.
In 1991, Femina also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant and on some occasions the third winner represented India at Miss International and a finalist was sent to Miss Asia Pacific International or else the third winner was crowned as Femina Miss India Asia Pacific and used to represent India at Miss Asia Pacific International and a finalist was sent to Miss International.
In 1994, after India's historic win at the International pageants, the organisation ended the practice of crowning a single winner and instead decided that the top three winners were designated as winners with equal visibility and prizes.
In 2010, after the I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe, Femina Miss India crowned three winners as Femina Miss India World, Femina Miss India Earth and Femina Miss India International, the third winner representend India in Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Tantra Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (TEPL), in partnership with Sushmita Sen, started a new pageant called I Am She – Miss Universe India. The winner of this pageant participated in the Miss Universe pageant from 2010 to 2012.
In 2013, The Times Group again acquired the rights to send India's representatives to the Miss Universe pageant and started a new pageant called Miss Diva. The first ever Miss Diva pageant was held in Mumbai on September 5, 2013. Manasi Moghe of Maharashtra was crowned Miss Diva Universe 2013. Manasi represented India at Miss Universe 2013 and placed in the top 10. Gurleen Grewal from Punjab was crowned Miss Diva International 2013.She represented India at Miss International 2013.
|Miss Universe||1964–1987, 1989–2009, 2013–present|
|Miss World||1971, 1974, 1976–present|
|Miss United Continent||2013–present|
|Miss Grand International||2015–present|
|Miss Universal Peace and Humanity||2014|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||2013|
|Miss Tourism International||1994, 2006|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||1968–2005|
|Miss Tourism||2005, 2007|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1975–1978|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1978|
|International Teen Princess||1974, 1970|
|Queen of Pacific||1969–1972, 1974, 1975|
Miss India has been participating in the Miss Universe pageant since 1952, starting with Indrani Rehman and in the Miss World pageant since 1959, starting with Fleur Ezekiel. Historically, the Femina Miss India pageant sent the winner of the pageant to the Miss Universe pageant and a runner up to Miss Asia Pacific pageant and on some occasions the 2nd runner up used to represent India at International Teen Princess contest, whereas Eve's Weekly, a rival women's publication sent the winner of its Miss India contest to Miss World and Miss International. In the 1970s, Femina acquired the rights to send a representative to Miss World as well, and started to send the winner to Miss Universe and the runner-up to the Miss World contest. Later in 1991, Femina Miss India also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant. In 1994, following India's historic dual wins at both Miss Universe and Miss World, the custom of crowning a single winner was discontinued. Instead, the top three placers were designated winners with equal visibility, equal prizes and responsibilities, and were crowned as Femina Miss India-Universe, Femina Miss India-World, and Femina Miss India-Asia Pacific and a finalist was sent to Miss International. In 2002, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-Earth, to designate India's representation at the newly launched Miss Earth pageant, focused on the cause of environmental advocacy and a finalist was sent to Miss International. From 2007 to 2009, three equal winners were selected going to Miss Universe, Miss World, and Miss Earth. In 2010, I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe. Later, in 2013The Times Group again acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe and launched a new pageant for Miss Universe named Miss Diva.
The awards for 1989 were given at the end of the year (December); hence there was no separate contest for 1990.
In 1994, Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe title after winning the Miss India crown and became the first Indian woman ever to win the Miss Universe crown. The same year the runner-up of Miss India, Aishwarya Rai, won the Miss World title. Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai established themselves in the Bollywood industry after winning their titles.
The success of Rai and Sen spawned coaching institutions which were set up to groom young women in pageant participation skills. The number of participants in the preliminary rounds of the pageant has increased considerably. Miss India World 1997, Diana Hayden won the title of Miss World 1997. In 1999, the Miss India World Yukta Mookhey went on to win the Miss World that year.
In 2000, three of the Miss India winners won their respective international pageants — Lara Dutta (Miss Universe), Priyanka Chopra (Miss World) and Diya Mirza Miss Asia Pacific. The other country to have won all three major titles in one year were Australia in 1972.
In 2010, after the introduction of I Am She - Miss Universe India, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-International and the winner represented India at Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Nicole Faria became the first Indian to win the Miss Earth title in Vietnam, which leaves Miss International as the only major international pageant that has not been won by an Indian contestant.
In 2012, Himangini Singh Yadu won Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 and became first Indian and Asian to win the pageant. She was sent by I Am She - Miss Universe India pageant.
In 2013, Srishti Rana won Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 giving India a rare back to back victory. She is the second Indian and first Miss Diva Winner to win Miss Asia Pacific World Crown. She is also the first ever Indian delegate to win an international pageant that has been sent by Femina Miss India's sister pageant, Miss Diva.
In 2014, Asha Bhat, Miss Diva Supranational 2014 won Miss Supranational 2014 and became the first ever Indian woman to win the crown. Asha is the second Asian to win the crown. The same year Ruhi Singh who was crowned the first ever Femina Miss India Universal Peace and Humanity won the first ever Miss Universal Peace and Humanity pageant held in Lebanon.
After May Myat Noe, the winner of Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 pageant was dethroned, the organisation organised another pageant named Miss Asia Pacific 2014 Supertalent of the World Season 5 under Miss Asia Pacific World title, Swetha Raj who represented India won the crown, giving India a rare back to back to back victory, India is the only country to win any international pageant three years in a row, however Swetha was sent by Miss India Australia organisation.
On some occasions the top finalists have represented India at some other international pageants like Miss Heritage, Miss Tourism International, Miss Tourism. Femina Miss India also sends representatives to other international pageants like Miss United Continent and Miss Universal Peace and Humnaity.
|Miss Earth||1||2010||Nicole Faria|
|Miss Supranational||1||2014||Asha Bhat|
|Miss Universal Peace and Humanity||1||2014||Ruhi Singh|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||3|
|2012^||Himangini Singh Yadu|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||3|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1||1978||Elizabeth Anita Reddi|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1||1978||Mala Rai Singhani|
|International Teen Princess||1||1974||Radha Bartake|
- ° In 1966 India won Miss World but the representative was sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India organisation.
- ^ In 2012 India won Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 but India's representative was sent by I Am She - Miss Universe India organisation.
- * In 2014 India won Miss Asia Pacific 2014 Supertalent of the World Season 5 but India's representative was sent by Miss India Australia pageant.
- Asha Bhat (Miss Supranational 2014) and Srishti Rana (Miss Asia Pacific World 2013) were the winners of Miss Diva not Femina Miss India.
Multiple victories in the same year
|Year||Pageant||Winner||Number of titles|
|1978||Miss Teenage Intercontinental||Elizabeth Anita Reddi||2|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||Mala Rai Singhani|
|1994||Miss Universe||Sushmita Sen||2|
|Miss World||Aishwarya Rai|
|2000||Miss Universe||Lara Dutta||3|
|Miss World||Priyanka Chopra|
|Miss Asia Pacific||Diya Mirza|
|2014||Miss Supranational||Asha Bhat||2|
|Miss Universal Peace and Humanity||Ruhi Singh|
- Asha Bhat was crowned as Miss Diva Supranational and was sent by Miss Diva pageant not Femina Miss India.
In 2008, president of Gladrags, Maureen Wadia, served a legal notice to the newly crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India Earth 2008, Harshita Saxena for violation of a two-year exclusive contract with Gladrags which had been signed by Harshita in 2006. To participate in any other beauty pageant, Harshita would need a written letter of no-objection from Gladrags. Harshita gave up the title and the crown passed on to Tanvi Vyas who represented India in the Miss Earth 2008 pageant held in November 2008. Harshita was later placed fourth in Miss India 2009 and represented India in Miss International 2009.
In 2004, Lakshmi Pandit (sister of Kalpana Pandit) was initially declared as the winner but had to return the title as she was married (to Siddarth Mishra); Sayali Bhagat was ultimately declared as the winner. The Pandit sisters are from Mysore, Karnataka. They are M.B.B.S graduates.
Femina Miss India and Miss Diva winners from 2013 - present
|Year||Femina Miss India||Miss Diva|
Indian representatives to Big Four pageants
The following women have represented India in the Big Four international beauty pageants:
|Winner||Vice Queen/Virreina||Runner Up||Finalist/Semifinalist||Unplaced|
India did not compete in the Miss Universe pageant from 1953 to 1963. I AM She – Miss Universe India sent its delegates to Miss Universe from 2010 to 2012. A separate pageant Miss Diva 2013 has been held to send delegates from 2013 onwards.
India did not send delegates in 1967, 1965, 1964, 1963. From 1959 to 1966 representatives to Miss World were sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India pageant. In 1968, Bharat Sundari got the franchise to send India's representative to Miss World. They sent the delegates from 1968 to 1970, 1972, 1975. Femina got the franchise in 1976. Femina also sent delegates to Miss World in 1971 and 1974.
- In 2015 Glamanand Supermodel India obtained the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Earth. However in 2016, Glamanand Supermodel India lost the franchise rights of Miss Earth India to Growbiz Consult Pte. Ltd.
- In 2014, Miss Diva winner was sent to Miss Earth pageant.
|2014||Alankrita Sahai||New Delhi||Unplaced||Miss Eco - Beauty
Miss Earth Pagudpud
Miss Hannah's Beach Resort Best in Casual Wear
Best Evening Gown
Miss Photogenic - 1st Runner Up
Besuty for a Cause - 1st Runner Up
Best in Swimsuit - 2nd Runner Up
Best National Costume - 2nd Runner Up
|2013||Sobhita Dhulipala||Andhra Pradesh||Unplaced||Miss Photogenic
Miss Eco Beauty
Miss Ever Bilena
Miss Talent - Top 15
Best in Resort Wear - Top 15
|2012||Prachi Mishra||Uttar Pradesh||Unplaced||Miss Friendship
|2011||Hasleen Kaur||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|2010||Nicole Faria||Karnataka||Miss Earth 2010||Miss Talent
Miss Diamond Place
|2009||Shriya Kishore||Maharashtra||Top 16|
|Sayali Bhagat||Maharashtra||Became Femina Miss India World after the dethronement of Lakshi Pandit|
|2007||Pooja Chitgopekar||Karnataka||1st Runner-Up
(Miss Earth – Air)
|2006||Amruta Patki||Maharashtra||1st Runner-Up
(Miss Earth – Air)
|Best in Long Gown|
|2004||Jyoti Brahmin||West Bengal||Top 16 Semifinalist|
|2002||Reshmi Ghosh||West Bengal||Unplaced|
|2001||Shamita Singha||Maharashtra||Top 10 Semifinalist||Best in National Costume|
Since 2015, Glamanand Supermodel India holds the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant. India did not send delegates to Miss International in 1963–1967, 1972, 1977, 1989, 1990.
From 1960 to 1988 Eve's Weekly Miss India sent India's representatives to Miss International pageant. In the year 2013, Miss Diva winner was sent to Miss International.
|2014||Jhataleka Malhotra||Maharashtra||Unplaced||Miss Internet
3rd Runner Up - Best National Costume
|2013||Gurleen Grewal||Punjab||Unplaced||1st Runner Up - Miss Internet|
|2012||Rochelle Maria Rao||Tamil Nadu||Top 15 Semifinalist|
|2011||Ankita Shorey||Jammu & Kashmir||Unplaced|
|2010||Neha Hinge||Madhya Pradesh||Top 15 Semifinalist|
|2008||Radha Brahmbhatt||Gujarat, Northwood, London||Unplaced|
|2007||Esha Gupta||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|2006||Sonali Sehgal||West Bengal||Semifinalist|
|2003||Shonali Nagrani||New Delhi||1st Runner-Up|
|2001||Kanwal Toor||New Delhi||Semifinalist|
|1998||Shwetha Jaishanker||Tamil Nadu||2nd Runner-Up|
|1997||Diya Abraham||Kerala||1st Runner-Up|
|1992||Kamal Sandhu||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|1987||Erika Maria D'Souza||Maharashtra||Semifinalist|
|1986||Poonam Pahlet Gidwant||Maharashtra||Unplaced|
|1985||Vinita Seshadri Vasan||Bangalore||Unplaced|
|1984||Nalanda Ravindra Bhandar||West Bengal||Semifinalist|
|1981||Meenakshi Seshadri||Tamil Nadu||Unplaced|
|1980||Ulrika Karen Bredemeyer||Maharashtra||Unplaced|
|1976||Nafisa Ali||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up|
|1975||'Indira Maria Bredemeyer'||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-Up|
|1974||Leslie Jean Hartnett||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|1971||Samita Mukherjee||West Bengal||Unplaced|
|1970||Patricia D'Souza||New Delhi||Semifinalist|
|1969||Wendy Leslie Vaz||Maharashtra||Unplaced|
|1968||Sumita Sen||West Bengal||Semifinalist|
|1961||Diana Valentine||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|1960||Iona Pinto||Maharashtra||1st Runner-Up|
Other international pageants
Miss Grand International
In the years 2013 and 2014 the delegates were sent by Indian Princess. Femina Miss India got the franchise in 2015.
|2015||Vartika Singh||Uttar Pradesh||2nd Runner Up ||Best Social Media
Miss Popular–Top 10
Best National Costume–Top 20
|2014||Monica Sharma||New Delhi||Unplaced||Best National Costume - Top 20|
|2013||Rupa Khurana||New Delhi||Unplaced|
Miss Asia Pacific International
|2005||Simran Chandok||Unplaced||Best dancer|
|2003||Shonal Rawat||1st Runner-up||Miss Friendship
|2002||Tina Chatwal||2nd Runner-up||Miss Internet|
|2000||Dia Mirza||Miss Asia Pacific 2000||Miss Close-Up Smile
|1997||Divya Chauhan||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1996||Mini Menon||Top 10 semifinalist|
|1995||Ruchi Malhotra||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1994||Shweta Menon||Top 10 semifinalist|
|1993||Namrata Shirodkar||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1992||Mehroo Jal Mistry||Unplaced|
|1981||Mehjabeen Ayub Khan||Unplaced||Miss Talent|
|1979||Maureen Mary Lestourgeon||1st Runner-up|
|1978||Preeti Koppikar||Unplaced||Best national costume
|1977||Marianne De Souza||1st Runner-up|
|1976||Anna Adriane Bredemeyer||2nd Runner-up|
|1974||Marilyn Theresa Ferreira||Unplaced|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca||Miss Asia Pacific 1973|
|1970||Zeenat Aman||Miss Asia Pacific 1970
|1969||Tasneem Fakir Mohammed||Unplaced|
|1968||Anabella Crawford||Unplaced||Miss Talent|
- Femina Miss India Supranational 2015 Aafreen Vaz was a contestant at New Zealand's Next Top Model (cycle 2) in the year 2010. She got eliminated in the fourth episode.
- Vartika Singh, Femina Miss India Grand International 2015 was a finalist (Top 7) at Miss Diva 2014. She was also declared Miss Photogenic at the said pageant.
- Sushrii Shreya Mishraa, Femina Miss India United Continent 2015 has also won Asian Supermodel India contest in the year 2010. Later in 2013, she competed in Miss Diva 2013 and was placed in the top 7. She was also declared Miss Digital at the said pageant.
- Koyal Rana, Femina Miss India World 2014 was Scooty Teen Diva 2008, Miss Teen India 2008 and Fact Miss Universal Teen 2009.
- Jhataleka Malhotra, Femina Miss India International 2014 previously competed at Miss Diva 2013 and was among the top 5 finalists. She also won Miss Photogenic sub-award at the said pageant.
- Vijaya Sharma, Femina Miss India Supranational 2013 later won Elite Model Look India 2014 and represent India at Elite Model Look 2014 contest held in China.
- Purva Rana, Femina Miss India United Continent 2013 had represented India at Miss Tourism World 2012 and was crowned 1st runner up at the pageant.
- Navneet Kaur Dhillon, Femina Miss India World 2013 previously competed at I Am She - Miss Universe India 2012.
- Manasvi Mamgai, Femina Miss India World 2010 was Miss Tourism International 2008 and also the winner of Elite Model Look India 2006.
- Nicole Faria, Miss Earth 2010 was the winner of Miss India South 2010.
- Parvathy Omanakuttan was the winner of Miss India South 2008.
- Lara Dutta, Femina Miss India Universe 2000 and Miss Universe 2000 was the winner of Gladrags Megamodel India 1995 and later won Miss Intercontinental 1997.
- Sandhya Chib, Femina Miss India Universe 1996 later won Miss India Worldwide 1996.
- Karminder Kaur-Virk, Femina Miss India World 1993 later won Miss India Worldwide 1994.
- Femina Miss India World 1991 Ritu Singh was Miss India Worldwide India 1991 and first runner up at Miss India Worldwide 1991.
- Elizabeth Anita Reddi, Femina Miss India World 1980 previously competed at Miss Teenage Continental 1978 and was declared the eventual winner. She became the first India woman to win Miss Teenage Intercontinental crown.
- Meher Mistry, Femina Miss India 1964 represented India at Miss Nations 1964 prior to representing India at Miss Universe 1964.
Photographs of some notable international titleholders
Femina Miss India
Zeenat Aman, Miss Asia Pacific 1970
Dia Mirza, Miss Asia Pacific 2000
Sonal Chauhan, Miss Tourism 2005
Priyanka Shah, Miss Tourism 2007
Asha Bhat, Miss Supranational 2014
Photographs of some notable titleholders
Femina Miss India Universe
Sangeeta Bijlani, Femina Miss India Universe 1980
Juhi Chawla, Femina Miss India Universe 1984
Sonu Walia, Femina Miss India Universe 1985
Mehr Jesia Rampal, Femina Miss India Universe 1986
Nafisa Joseph, Femina Miss India Universe 1997
Gul Panag, Femina Miss India 1999
Neha Dhupia, Femina Miss India Universe 2002
Tanushree Dutta, Femina Miss India Universe 2004
Puja Gupta, Femina Miss India Universe 2007
Simran Kaur Mundi, Femina Miss India Universe 2008
Miss Diva Universe
Femina Miss India World
Shruti Sharma, Femina Miss India World 2002
Sayali Bhagat, Femina Miss India World 2004
Natasha Suri, Femina Miss India World 2006
Sarah-Jane Dias, Femina Miss India world 2007
Pooja Chopra, Femina Miss India World 2009
Kanishtha Dhankhar, Femina Miss India World 2011
Femina Miss India Earth
Shamita Singha, Femina Miss India Earth 2001
Reshmi Ghosh, Femina Miss India Earth 2002
Niharika Singh, Femina Miss India Earth 2005
Shriya Kishore, Femina Miss India Earth 2009
Hasleen Kaur, Femina Miss India Earth 2011
Femina Miss India International
Pooja Batra, Femina Miss India International 1993
Gayatri Joshi, Femina Miss India International 2000
Gauhar Khan, Femina Miss India International 2002
Vaishali Desai, Femina Miss India International 2005
Sonal Sehgal, Femina Miss India International 2006
Esha Gupta, Femina Miss India International 2007
Neha Hinge, Femina Miss India International 2010
Ankita Shorey, Femina Miss India International 2011
Rochelle Rao, Femina Miss India International 2012
Femina Miss India Asia Pacific
Shonal Rawat, Miss Asia Pacific 2003 - 1st Runner Up
Shweta Menon, Femina Miss India Asia Pacific 1994
- Indian Princess
- Miss India Tourism
- World Miss University India
- Miss India Worldwide India
- List of beauty contests
- List of Indian beauty pageant winners
- Devi, Kanchana (28 March 2012). "Miss India 2012: Who will win this time?". Truth Dive. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Priyadarshini Chatterjee crowned Femina Miss India 2016". The Kaleidoscope of Pageantry.
- "50 YEARS OF MISS INDIA: HIGHS AND LOWS!". Times of India. 24 March 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "30 contestants gear up for Miss Universe". Hindustan Times. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "The Hindu News Update Service". The Hindu. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- News, Press Trust of India (9 April 2007). "No runners-up in Miss India contest; all 3 winners are equal". Daily News and Analysis and Press Trust of India. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Miss India Earth to fight for crown in court – Movies News". ibnlive. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Returns Crown".
- "Pandit returns Miss India-World crown". Rediff.com. 31 March 2004.
- Press Trust of India, News (5 February 2016). "Miss Earth India pageant to be held in Delhi". Oneindia, Greynium Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Press Trust of India, News (5 February 2016). "Delhi to host Miss Earth India to support Beti Bachao Beti Padhao". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Srinjan Bhowmick (25 October 2015). "VARTIKA SINGH CROWNED 2ND RUNNER-UP AT MGI 2015". BeautyPageants. IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 28 February 2016.