Femina Miss India
|The Times Group|
|Subsidiaries||Femina Miss India Delhi|
Femina Miss India Bangalore
Femina Miss India Kolkata
Miss India or Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant in India that annually selects representatives to compete in Miss World, one of the Big Four major international beauty pageants. It is organised by Femina, a women's magazine published by The Times Group. Since 2013, Femina also organizes Miss Diva separately which sends representatives to Miss Universe.
In 1952, two Miss India pageants were held, Indrani Rehman and Nutan were the winners of the pageant. Nutan was crowned as Miss Mussorie. The pageant was held by the local press. Indrani Rehman was crowned at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai in the month of April 1952. Indrani later represented India at Miss Universe 1952, the inaugural edition of Miss Universe pageant.
There was no Miss India pageant from 1955 to 1958. In 1959, Eve's Weekly organised its very first Miss India contest called Eve's Weekly Miss India to send India's representatives to the Miss World pageant. Fleur Ezekiel was crowned the eventual winner. She represented India at Miss World 1959 held in London, United Kingdom.
The first Femina Miss India pageant was held in year 1964. Meher Castelino Mistri of Maharashtra was crowned the first Femina Miss India. She was chosen to represent India at Miss Universe 1964 held in the United States and Miss Nations 1964 held in Spain.
Reita Faria was the first Miss India ever to win any international beauty pageant. She was crowned Miss World 1966 in London, United Kingdom. She was the winner of Eve's Weekly Miss India contest. The same year Femina Miss India winner Yasmin Daji represented India at Miss Universe 1966 and was crowned 3rd Runner-up at the event. She was the first Femina Miss India Winner to get placed at any international beauty pageant.
Zeenat Aman was the first Femina Miss India titleholder to win an international pageant. She was crowned Femina Miss India Asia Pacific and went on to win Miss Asia Pacific 1970 held in Philippines.
Meenakshi Seshadri the youngest contestant who won the title, She won the Miss India contest at the age of 17 in the year 1981 and was known for phenomenal acting in 'Hero' 'Damini', 'Ghayal' and 'Ghatak'. She quit the industry very early and got married.
In 1993 Miss Femina India, Vaishali Sood, daughter of Cdr Sood, who was the winner of the 1991 Navy May Queen Ball, stood second runner up. She went on to act in a Bollywood Movie, Mr Bond, starring Akshay Kumar.
In 2010, after the I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe, Femina Miss India crowned three winners as Femina Miss India World, Femina Miss India Earth and Femina Miss India International, the third winner representend India in Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Tantra Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (TEPL), in partnership with Sushmita Sen, started a new pageant called I Am She – Miss Universe India. The winner of this pageant participated in the Miss Universe pageant from 2010 to 2012.
India in international pageants
|Miss Universe||1964–1987, 1989–2009, 2013–present|
|Miss World||1971, 1974, 1976–present|
|Miss United Continent||2013–present|
|Miss Grand International||2015–present|
|Miss Universal Peace and Humanity||2014|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||2013|
|Miss Tourism International||1994, 2006|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||1968–2005|
|Miss Tourism||2005, 2007|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1975–1978|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1978|
|International Teen Princess||1974, 1970|
|Queen of Pacific||1969–1972, 1974, 1975|
In the 1970s, Femina acquired the rights to send a representative to Miss World as well, and started to send the winner to Miss Universe and the runner-up to the Miss World contest. Later in 1991, Femina Miss India also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant.
In 1994, following India's historic dual wins at both Miss Universe and Miss World, the custom of crowning a single winner was discontinued. Instead, the top three placers were designated winners with equal visibility, equal prizes and responsibilities, and were crowned as Femina Miss India-Universe, Femina Miss India-World, and Femina Miss India-Asia Pacific and a finalist was sent to Miss International. In 2002, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-Earth, to designate India's representation at the newly launched Miss Earth pageant, focused on the cause of environmental advocacy and a finalist was sent to Miss International.
From 2007 to 2009, three equal winners were selected going to Miss Universe, Miss World, and Miss Earth. In 2010, I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe. Later, in 2013 The Times Group again acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe and launched a new pageant for Miss Universe named Miss Diva.
The awards for 1989 were given at the end of the year (December); hence there was no separate contest for 1990.
In 1994, Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe title after winning the Miss India crown and became the first Indian woman ever to win the Miss Universe crown. The same year the runner-up of Miss India, Aishwarya Rai, won the Miss World title. Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai established themselves in the Bollywood industry after winning their titles.
The success of Sen and Rai spawned coaching institutions which were set up to groom young women in pageant participation skills. The number of participants in the preliminary rounds of the pageant has increased considerably. Miss India World 1997, Diana Hayden won the title of Miss World 1997. In 1999, the Miss India World Yukta Mookhey went on to win the Miss World that year.
In 2000, three of the Miss India winners won their respective international pageants — Lara Dutta (Miss Universe), Priyanka Chopra (Miss World) and Diya Mirza Miss Asia Pacific. The other country to have won all three major titles in one year were Australia in 1972.
In 2010, after the introduction of I Am She - Miss Universe India, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-International and the winner represented India at Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Nicole Faria became the first Indian to win the Miss Earth title in Vietnam, which leaves Miss International as the only major international pageant that has not been won by an Indian contestant.
In 2013, Srishti Rana won Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 giving India a rare back to back victory. She is the second Indian and first Miss Diva Winner to win Miss Asia Pacific World Crown. She is also the first Indian delegate to win an international pageant that has been sent by Femina Miss India's sister pageant, Miss Diva.
In 2014, Asha Bhat, Miss Diva Supranational 2014 won Miss Supranational 2014 and became the first Indian woman to win the crown. Asha is the second Asian to win the crown. The same year Ruhi Singh who was crowned the first Femina Miss India Universal Peace and Humanity won the first Miss Universal Peace and Humanity pageant held in Lebanon.
After May Myat Noe, the winner of Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 pageant was dethroned, the organisation organised another pageant named Miss Asia Pacific 2014 Supertalent of the World Season 5 under Miss Asia Pacific World title, Swetha Raj who represented India won the crown, giving India a rare back to back to back victory, India is the only country to win any international pageant three years in a row, however Swetha was sent by Miss India Australia organisation.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Indian winners in the Big Four
The following is the list of Indian winners in the Big Four international beauty pageants:
|Miss Earth||1||2010||Nicole Faria|
The following is the list of Indian winners in various minor international pageants:
|Miss Supranational||2||2014||Asha Bhat|
|2016||Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||3|
|2012||Himangini Singh Yadu|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||3|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1||1978||Elizabeth Anita Reddi|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1||1978||Mala Rai Singhani|
|International Teen Princess||1||1974||Radha Bartake|
- ° In 1966 India won Miss World but the representative was sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India organisation.
- ^ In 2012 India won Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 but India's representative was sent by I Am She - Miss Universe India organisation.
- Asha Bhat (Miss Supranational 2014), Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty (Miss Supranationall 2016) and Srishti Rana (Miss Asia Pacific World 2013) were the winners of Miss Diva not Femina Miss India.
Multiple victories in the same year
The following is the list of India's multiple victories in major international pageants:
|Year||Pageant||Winner||Number of titles|
|1994||Miss Universe||Sushmita Sen||2|
|Miss World||Aishwarya Rai|
|2000||Miss Universe||Lara Dutta||3|
|Miss World||Priyanka Chopra|
|Miss Asia||Dia Mirza|
|2017||Miss World||Manushi Chhillar||2|
|2016&2017||Mister World||Rohit Khandelwal||2|
In 2008, president of Gladrags, Maureen Wadia, served a legal notice to the newly crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India Earth 2008, Harshita Saxena for violation of a two-year exclusive contract with Gladrags which had been signed by Harshita in 2006. To participate in any other beauty pageant, Harshita would need a written letter of no-objection from Gladrags. Harshita gave up the title and the crown passed on to Tanvi Vyas who represented India in the Miss Earth 2008 pageant held in November 2008. Harshita was later placed fourth in Miss India 2009 and represented India in Miss International 2009.
In 2004, Lakshmi Pandit (sister of Kalpana Pandit) was initially declared as the winner but had to return the title as she was married (to Siddarth Mishra); Sayali Bhagat was ultimately declared as the winner.
Femina Miss India and Miss Diva winners from 2013–present
|Miss India||Miss Diva|
Femina Miss India editions
|2013||Manish Paul||23||24 March 2013||Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|24||5 April 2014||Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|2015||Manish Paul||21||28 March 2015||Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|21||9 April 2016||Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|30||25 June 2017||Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|30||19 June 2018||DOME, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, Mumbai|
|30||15 June 2019||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, Mumbai|
Representatives to Big Four pageants
The following women have represented India in the Big Four international beauty pageants, the four major international beauty pageants for women. These are Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss Earth.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as Runner-up
- Ended as one of the Finalists or Semi-finalists
India did not compete in the Miss Universe pageant from 1953 to 1963. I AM She – Miss Universe India sent its delegates to Miss Universe from 2010 to 2012. Traditionally the Miss India Winner was sent to Miss Universe and the runner up was sent to Miss World; however since 2013 a separate pageant Miss Diva has been held to send delegates to Miss Universe and the Miss India winner will represent India at Miss World annually.
|2019||Vartika Singh||Uttar Pradesh||Top 20|
|2017||Shraddha Shashidhar||Tamil Nadu|
|2014||Noyonita Lodh||Karnataka||Top 15||Best National Costume – Top 5|
|2013||Manasi Moghe||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|2012||Shilpa Singh||Bihar||Top 16||Topped the Preliminary Interview|
|Urvashi Rautela||Uttarakhand||Dethroned as she could not meet the minimum age requirement.|
|2011||Vasuki Sunkavalli||Andhra Pradesh|
|2010||Ushoshi Sengupta||West Bengal|
|2008||Simran Kaur Mundi||Maharashtra||National Costume – Group Winner|
Best in Swimsuit – Top 5
Charming Áo dài – Top 5
|2007||Puja Gupta||Delhi||Top 10|
|2006||Neha Kapur||Delhi||Top 20|
|2004||Tanushree Dutta||Jharkhand||Top 10|
|2002||Neha Dhupia||Delhi||Top 10|
|2001||Celina Jaitley||West Bengal||4th Runner-up||Swimsuit competition – 3rd Runner-up |
Evening Gown – 5th Runner-up
|2000||Lara Dutta||Karnataka||Miss Universe 2000||Oscar de la Renta – Best in Swimsuit (Winner)|
Best in Evening Gown – 2nd Runner-up
Best in National Costume – 1st Runner-up
|1999||Gul Panag||Punjab||Top 10||Interview Round – Winner|
Evening Gown Round – Top 5
Swimsuit Round – Top 10
|1998||Lymaraina D'Souza||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|1997||Nafisa Joseph||Karnataka||Top 10|
|1996||Sandhya Chib||Karnataka||Top 10|
|1995||Manpreet Brar||Delhi||1st Runner-up||Evening Gown – 2nd Runner-up|
Interview Round – 3rd Runner-up
Swimsuit Competition – Top 10
|1994||Sushmita Sen||Delhi||Miss Universe 1994||Swimsuit competition – 1st Runner-up|
Evening Gown – 2nd Runner-up
Interview Round – 4th Runner-up
|1993||Namrata Shirodkar||Maharashtra||5th Runner-up||Interview Round – 2nd Runner-up |
Evening Gown – 2nd runner-up
|1992||Madhu Sapre||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up||Swimsuit Competition – 1st Runner-up|
Evening Gown – 1st Runner-up
Interview Round – 4th Runner-up
|1991||Christabelle Howie||Tamil Nadu|
|1990||Suzanne Sablok||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|1984||Juhi Chawla||Punjab||Best National Costume|
|1982||Pamela Chaudry Singh||Delhi|
|1980||Sangeeta Bijlani||Maharashtra||Best National Costume|
|1978||Alamjeet Kaur Chauhan||Punjab||Best National Costume|
|1976||Naina Sudhir Balsavar||Uttar Pradesh|
|1974||Shailini Bhavnath Dholakia||Maharashtra||Top 12|
|1973||Farzana Habib||Maharashtra||Top 12|
|1972||Roopa Satyan||Delhi||Top 12|
|1968||Anjum Mumtaz Barg||Maharashtra|
|1966||Yasmin Daji||Maharashtra||3rd Runner-up||Evening Gown Round – Winner|
Swimsuit Round – Top 3
|1964||Meher Castelino Mistri||Maharashtra|
|1952||Indrani Rehman||Tamil Nadu|
India did not send delegates in 1967, 1965, 1964, 1963. From 1959 to 1966 representatives to Miss World were sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India pageant. In 1968, Bharat Sundari got the franchise to send India's representative to Miss World. They sent the delegates from 1968 to 1970, 1972, 1975. Femina got the franchise in 1976. Femina also sent delegates to Miss World in 1971 and 1974. Traditionally the runner up in Miss India pageant was sent to Miss World but this changed in 2013 and now the winner of Miss India is sent to represent at Miss World.
- India did not send delegates to Miss International in 1963–1967, 1972, 1977, 1989, 1990.
- From 1960 to 1988 Eve's Weekly Miss India sent India's representatives to Miss International pageant.
- In the year 2013, Miss Diva winner was sent to Miss International.
|2014||Jhataleka Malhotra||Maharashtra||Miss Internet|
3rd Runner Up - Best National Costume
|2013||Gurleen Grewal||Punjab||1st Runner Up - Miss Internet|
|2012||Rochelle Maria Rao||Tamil Nadu||Top 15|
|2011||Ankita Shorey||Jammu & Kashmir|
|2010||Neha Hinge||Madhya Pradesh||Top 15|
|2007||Esha Gupta||New Delhi|
|2006||Sonal Sehgal||West Bengal||Top 12|
|2004||Mihika Verma||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|2003||Shonali Nagrani||New Delhi||1st Runner-Up|
|2001||Kanwal Toor||New Delhi||Top 15|
|2000||Gayatri Joshi||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|1998||Shwetha Jaishanker||Tamil Nadu||2nd Runner-Up|
|1997||Diya Abraham||Kerala||1st Runner-Up|
|1993||Pooja Batra||Punjab||Top 15|
|1992||Kamal Sandhu||New Delhi|
|1991||Preeti Mankotia||Karnataka||Top 15|
|1987||Erika Maria D'Souza||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|1986||Poonam Pahlet Gidwant||Maharashtra|
|1985||Vinita Seshadri Vasan||Bangalore|
|1984||Nalanda Ravindra Bhandar||West Bengal||Top 15|
|1981||Meenakshi Seshadri||Tamil Nadu|
|1980||Ulrika Karen Bredemeyer||Maharashtra|
|1976||Nafisa Ali||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up|
|1975||Indira Maria Bredemeyer||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-Up|
|1974||Leslie Jean Hartnett||New Delhi|
|1971||Samita Mukherjee||West Bengal|
|1970||Patricia D'Souza||New Delhi||Top 15|
|1969||Wendy Leslie Vaz||Maharashtra|
|1968||Sumita Sen||West Bengal||Top 15|
|1961||Diana Valentine||New Delhi|
|1960||Iona Pinto||Maharashtra||1st Runner-Up|
Femina Miss India dropped the Miss Earth Franchise in 2014 after Alankrita Sahai being the last representative from Miss Diva.
- In 2019, Miss Divine Beauty obtained the right to send India's representative to Miss Earth
- In 2015, Glamanand Supermodel India obtained the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Earth.
- In 2014, Miss Diva winner was sent to Miss Earth pageant.
|2014||Alankrita Sahai||New Delhi||Miss Eco - Beauty (Top 10)|
Miss Earth Pagudpud
Miss Hannah's Beach Resort Best in Casual Wear
Best Evening Gown
Besuty for a Cause
Best in Swimsuit
Best National Costume
|2013||Sobhita Dhulipala||Andhra Pradesh|| Miss Photogenic|
Miss Earth Eco Beauty
Miss Ever Bilena
Miss Talent (Top 15)
Best in Resort Wear (Top 15)
|2012||Prachi Mishra||Uttar Pradesh|| Best in Swimsuit|
Resorts Wear competition
Evening Gown Competition
I Love My Planet School Campaign
|2011||Hasleen Kaur||New Delhi|
|2010||Nicole Faria||Karnataka||Miss Earth 2010||Miss Talent|
Miss Diamond Place
|2009||Shriya Kishore||Maharashtra||Top 16|
|2007||Pooja Chitgopekar||Karnataka||Miss Air (1st Runner-Up)|
|2006||Amruta Patki||Maharashtra||Miss Air (1st Runner-Up)||Best in Long Gown|
|2004||Jyoti Brahmin||West Bengal||Top 16|
|2002||Reshmi Ghosh||West Bengal|
|2001||Shamita Singha||Maharashtra||Top 10||Best in National Costume|
Representatives to minor international pageants
|2020||Aavriti Choudhary||Madhya Pradesh||TBA||TBA|
|2019||Shefali Sood||Uttar Pradesh||Top 25||Miss Influencer - Top 10|
|2018||Aditi Hundia||Rajasthan||Top 25|
|2017||Peden Ongmu Namgyal||Sikkim||Top 25||Miss Talent - 2nd Runner-up|
Best in Swimsuit - 3rd Runner-up
|2016||Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty||Karnataka||Miss Supranational 2016||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Mobstar - 3rd Runner-up
|2015||Aafreen Rachael Vaz||Karnataka||Top 10||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Supranational Top Model - Top 10
Miss Internet - 1st Runner Up
Best National Costume - Top 10
|2014||Asha Bhat||Karnataka||Miss Supranational 2014||Miss Talented|
Miss Internet - Top 5
|2013||Vijaya Sharma||New Delhi||Top 20|
|2012||Gunjan Saini||New Delhi|
|2011||Michelle Almeda||Maharashtra||Top 20||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Grand International
In the years 2013 and 2014 India's delegates to Miss Grand International were sent by Indian Princess. Femina Miss India acquired the franchise in 2015.
|2019||Shivani Jadhav||Chhattisgarh||Miss Popular - Top 10|
Best National Costume - Top 20
|2018||Meenakshi Choudhary||Haryana||1st Runner-up||Miss Popular–Top 10|
Best National Costume - Top 10
|2017||Anukriti Gusain||Uttarakhand||Top 20||Best National Costume - Top 10|
|2016||Pankhuri Gidwani||Uttar Pradesh||Best National Costume - Top 10|
|2015||Vartika Singh||Uttar Pradesh||2nd Runner-up||Best Social Media|
Miss Popular–Top 10
Best National Costume–Top 20
|2014||Monica Sharma||New Delhi||Best National Costume - Top 20|
|2013||Rupa Khurana||New Delhi|
Miss United Continents
The representatives for Miss United Continents have been selected by Femina Miss India since the pageant's inception in 2013.
|2018||Gayatri Bharadwaj||Delhi||Top 10||Best National Costume - 1st Runner Up|
|2017||Sana Dua||Jammu and Kashmir||Top 10|
|2016||Lopamudra Raut||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up||Best National Costume|
Miss Photogenic - 1st Runner-up
|2015||Sushrii Shreya Mishraa||Odisha||3rd Runner-up||Best National Costume|
|2014||Gail Nicole Da Silva||Goa||1st Runner-up||Best National Costume|
|2013||Purva Rana||Himachal Pradesh||Vice Queen||Best National Costume - 2nd Runner-up|
Miss Asia Pacific International
|2018||Abhilasha Agarwal||Miss Redfox|
|2017||Sonika Roy||Miss Zanea Shoes|
|2016||Shiva Shrishti Vyakaranam||Top 10|
|2005||Simran Chandok||Best dancer|
|2003||Shonal Rawat||1st Runner-up||Miss Friendship|
|2002||Tina Chatwal||2nd Runner-up||Miss Internet|
|2000||Dia Mirza||Miss Asia Pacific International 2000||Miss Close-Up Smile|
|1997||Divya Chauhan||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1996||Mini Menon||Top 10|
|1995||Ruchi Malhotra||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1994||Shweta Menon||Top 10|
|1993||Namrata Shirodkar||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1992||Mehroo Jal Mistry|
|1981||Mehjabeen Ayub Khan||Miss Talent|
|1979||Maureen Mary Lestourgeon||1st Runner-up/Relinquished|
|1978||Preeti Koppikar||Best national costume|
|1977||Marianne De Souza||1st Runner-up|
|1976||Anna Adriane Bredemeyer||2nd Runner-up|
|1974||Marilyn Theresa Ferreira|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca||Miss Asia Pacific International 1973|
|1970||Zeenat Aman||Miss Asia Pacific International 1970||Miss Photogenic|
|1969||Tasneem Fakir Mohammed|
|1968||Anabella Crawford||Miss Talent|
Miss Asia Pacific World
|2016||Akanksha Dhiman||Wing of Angel|
|2014||Swetha Raj||Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 – Season 5||Miss Talent||Competition held to select a new titleholder for the year 2014.|
|2014||Anukriti Gusain||4th Runner-up|
|2013||Srishti Rana||Miss Asia Pacific World 2013||Best National Costume
|2012||Himangini Singh Yadu||Miss Asia Pacific World 2012||Best in Evening Gown – 1st Runner-up|
|2011||Tanvi Singla||3rd Runner-up|
India is the only country to win an international pageant three years in a row. In the year 2012, Himangini Singh Yadu was crowned as Miss Asia Pacific World 2012. In the succeeding year Srishti Rana was crowned as Miss Asia Pacific World 2013. In the year 2014, May Myat Noe of Myanmar was originally crowned but later she was dethroned. A new pageant was held by the organizers and Swetha Raj of India became victorious, thus giving India a rare Three-peat victory in an international pageant.
Indian representatives to Miss Intercontinental is being sent by Femina Miss India group.
|2017||Priyanka Kumari||Best National Costume – Winner|
|2015||Sneha Priya Roy||Top 17||Best National Costume – 2nd Runner-up|
|2012||Bobby Layal||Top 10|
|2011||Ipsita Pati||Top 15|
|2003||Deepti Gujral||3rd Runner-up|
|2002||Rakhee Chaudhary||Top 12|
|2001||Koena Mitra||Top 12|
|1999||Aanchal Kumar||Top 12|
|1997||Lara Dutta||Miss Intercontinental 1997|
|1978||Elizabeth Anita Reddi||Miss Intercontinental 1978||Best National Costume|
|1976||Kalpana Iyer||Top 19||Miss Popularity|
|1975||Nivurti Nunim||2nd Runner-up||Miss Photogenic|
Photographs of some notable international titleholders
Femina Miss India
Photographs of some titleholders
Femina Miss India Universe
Femina Miss India Universe 1980
Femina Miss India Universe 1984
Femina Miss India Universe 1985
Mehr Jesia Rampal,
Femina Miss India Universe 1986
Femina Miss India 1999
Femina Miss India Universe 2002
Femina Miss India Universe 2004
Femina Miss India Universe 2007
Simran Kaur Mundi,
Femina Miss India Universe 2008
Femina Miss India World
Femina Miss India World 2002
Femina Miss India World 2004
Femina Miss India World 2006
Femina Miss India world 2007
Femina Miss India World 2009
Femina Miss India World 2011
Femina Miss India Earth
Femina Miss India Earth 2001
Femina Miss India Earth 2002
Femina Miss India Earth 2005
Femina Miss India Earth 2009
Femina Miss India Earth 2011
Femina Miss India International
Femina Miss India International 1993
Femina Miss India International 2000
Femina Miss India International 2002
Femina Miss India International 2005
Femina Miss India International 2006
Femina Miss India International 2007
Femina Miss India International 2010
Femina Miss India International 2011
Femina Miss India International 2012
Femina Miss Grand India
Miss Grand International 2018 - 1st Runner-up
Miss Grand International 2015 - 2nd Runner-up
Miss Grand India 2017
Femina Miss India Asia Pacific
Miss Asia Pacific 2003 - 1st Runner-up
Femina Miss India Asia Pacific 1994
- Devi, Kanchana (28 March 2012). "Miss India 2012: Who will win this time?". Truth Dive. Archived from the original on 31 March 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Yamaha Fascino Miss Universe India". EE Business. 2 July 2018.
- "What are the differences between Miss Universe and Miss World". Narada News. 6 June 2016.
- "rediff.com: Meet Pramila, the first Miss India".
- "Jewish Stars of Bollywood - Jewish World Features - Haaretz - Israel News Haaretz.com". Haaretz. 14 April 2013.
- "Indrani Rahman Was Married with a Kid When She Went on To Represent India at the First Miss Universe". The Times of India. 19 May 2016.
- "Nutan's granddaughter Pranutan Bahl is raring to go the Bollywood way". Hindustan Times. 9 March 2017.
- "Stunning Photographs of Indrani Rahman, India's First Miss Universe Contestant". 26 July 2016.
- Mihir Bose (9 May 2008). Abdul Rashid Kardar: A History. Roli Books Pvt. Ltd. pp. 240–. ISBN 978-93-5194-045-6. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Peace Kanwal Complete Filmography". BollywoodMDB.com. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Leela Naidu: Miss India of 1954 who went on to forge a career as an actress with a touch of Western elegance". The Independent. 20 September 2009.
- "Presenting you The first Femina Miss India – Meher Castelino Mistry". 24 March 2015.
- "Not Just a Pretty Face: Reita Faria, the first Asian to win Miss World". The Indian Express. 18 December 2016.
- "Yasmin Daji, a medical student from Delhi, not only won the Miss India but was a runner-up in Miss Universe". The Times of India. 23 March 2013.
- "The Bold and Beautiful: Zeenat Aman Miss Asia Pacific 1970". 9 March 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Femina Miss India 2002 photo gallery". The Times of India. 25 September 2007.
- "30 contestants gear up for Miss Universe". Hindustan Times. 30 April 2010. Archived from the original on 3 May 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Fifty years of Miss India". The Times of India. 24 March 2013.
- "The Hindu News Update Service". The Hindu. 9 April 2007. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "No runners-up in Miss India contest; all 3 winners are equal". Daily News and Analysis and Press Trust of India. Press Trust of India. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Zeenat Aman : Miss Asia Pacific 1970". 9 March 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- 23 years after Sushmita Sen won, she was back at Miss Universe pageant
- "1994". Pageontopolis. Archived from the original on 3 September 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Coke-Sushmita Sen deal cancelled". Business Line. 16 July 2003. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- Hiscock, Geoff (2007). India's global wealth club. John Wiley and Sons. p. 6. ISBN 978-0-470-82238-8.
- "Meet the Biggest Movie Stars on the Planet (You May Not Have Heard Of)". The Oprah Winfrey Show. 28 September 2009. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Biography of Diana Hayden". DianaHayden.com.
- "Not films, birthday girl Yukta Mookhey hit the headlines for this!". Daily Bhaskar. 26 October 2015.
- "Miss Universe vs Miss World: Facts and comparisons". MSN. 15 January 2015.
- "Nicole Faria's family not surprised by Miss Earth win". Daily News and Analysis. 5 December 2010.
- "Miss Asia Pacific 2012: Indian Girl Himangini Singh Wins Pageant; Brings Back the Coveted Crown After 12 Years" International Business Times
- "Srishti Rana wins Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 Beauty Pageant". Biharprabha News. 30 October 2013.
- "India's Asha Bhat is the first Indian to win Miss Supranational 2014 title". CNN-IBN.
- "Ruhi Singh: The lights-camera-action call is my happiest moment".
- "May Myat Noe dethroned amid theft claims". Myanmar Times=1 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "finalists 2013". missindia.com.au. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Miss India Earth to fight for crown in court – Movies News". CNN-IBN. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Returns Crown".
- "Pandit returns Miss India-World crown". Rediff.com. 31 March 2004.
- Jun, Kwanwoo (3 December 2003). "Lost in Storm's Debris: A Beauty Pageant". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Kenya, News (15 July 2011). "Beauty with scandals". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Vietnam, News (8 October 2008). "Những scandal của Miss World". Vietnam Express. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Ibrahim, Lynda (13 September 2013). "The misses and missuses of the world". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Lowe, Aya (25 January 2016). "Philippines' Miss Universe returns home, ignites dreams". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- https://www.facebook.com/naradanewslive (6 June 2016). "What are the differences between the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants?". Narada News. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- https://www.facebook.com/naradanewslive. "What are the differences between the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants?". naradanews.com. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Photos: Asha Bhat is the first Indian to win Miss Supranational 2014 title". firstpost.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "News18.com: CNN-News18 Breaking News India, Latest News, Current News Headlines". News18. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012". ibnlive.in.com.
- "Srishti Rana wins Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 Beauty Pageant". 30 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 June 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "finalists 2013". missindia.com.au. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Miss India Australia – Facebook".[non-primary source needed]