From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fence, fences, or fencing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A fence is a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.
Fence, fences or fencing may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Fence (mathematics), partially ordered set formed by an alternating sequence of order relations
- Fence (statistics), value beyond which an observation is considered an outlier
- Fence lizard (disambiguation), two species of spiny lizard
- Air Force Space Surveillance System, radar system for tracking spacecraft, commonly known as "The Fence"
- Fencing response, a peculiar position of the arms following a concussion
- Fence instruction, a computer operation for enforcing sequel memory operations
- Fences (software), desktop utility for Windows computers by Stardock
- Fencing (computing), mechanism in computer clusters
- Fence (magazine), an American literary magazine
- Fences (play), a 1983 Pulitzer Prize-winning play by August Wilson
- Fences (film), a 2016 film adaptation of the play, starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis, and directed by Washington
- Slitherlink or Fences, logic puzzle published by Nikoli
- Fences (band), an American rock band
- "Fences" (song), a song on Paramore's 2007 album Riot!
- Fence, Wisconsin, a town in the United States
- Fence (community), Wisconsin, an unincorporated community in the United States
- Fence, Lancashire, a village in England
- Fencing, a sport of armed combat using a foil, épée, or saber
- Horse jumping obstacles, obstacles to be jumped as part of a show-jumping or cross-country course
- Fencing, the English term for historical European martial arts, often including the dagger, longsword, rapier, and sword and buckler
- Fence (criminal), dealer in the purchase and sale of stolen property
- Fence (finance), a combination of financial instruments used to protect an investor against adverse price movements
- Fence (woodworking), portion of a tool used as a guide
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.